PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu display issues

forethought
May 7th, 2010, 10:38 PM
I'm running Kubuntu 10.04 with three nVidia 8400 GS cards (one PCI-E, two PCI). I've gotten the multiple displays working (three monitors) using nvidia-settings and having downloaded the latest nVidia driver from their website, but it absolutely will NOT let me have the middle monitor be the one with the taskbar. If I do then any time I move my mouse cursor to the screen to the left, the cursor stutters and becomes unusable until I right-click, which puts the cursor on the far right screen (I can still Alt-Tab to different windows though, just can't use the mouse). This was working fine in 8.x and 9.x, does anyone have any ideas? I've tried using absolute positioning and relative positioning in nvidia-settings, all with the same results.

Also, since I switched to the nVidia driver, the left half of my taskbar is black where I can only guess it starts to be semi-transparent. Also, the startup splash screen is displayed in a godawful resolution, but I hear that's a common problem from switching from the standard driver.

But yes, any insight as to how I can have the middle monitor house the taskbar again would be GREATLY appreciated.