PDA

View Full Version : Help? Video Output

Tom.Molyn
May 7th, 2010, 09:14 PM
first of letts recognize im not very fluent in linux.

I noticed this projector has a Ethernet port on it. i believe this to be an video input port for the projector.
i was wondering, since my netbook needs a proprietary cord and would cost me much to buy in order to hook up to the projector, is their a way or program that i can use on my system that would rout the video output to the eathernet port?
Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04
HP 1010NR
2GB Ram
8GB SSD
1.6GHZ Intel Atom

CharlesA
May 7th, 2010, 09:18 PM
As far as I know, a port that is an "Ethernet" port isn't used for video.

The projector should have either Composite inputs or VGA/DVI/HDMI interfaces.

EDIT: That model of netbook has no "video out" port. It does have a port for a dock, but I don't know what all that dock would include.

In short: There is no way to transfer the video from the netbook to the projector.

Tom.Molyn
May 7th, 2010, 09:58 PM
As far as I know, a port that is an "Ethernet" port isn't used for video.

The projector should have either Composite inputs or VGA/DVI/HDMI interfaces.

EDIT: That model of netbook has no "video out" port. It does have a port for a dock, but I don't know what all that dock would include.

In short: There is no way to transfer the video from the netbook to the projector.
altho the port on the projector may not be an imput i thought i should claify that the port is a notebook expansion port, meaning the port can be used for multiple things. including video to my understanding

PS. what would the ethernet port be used for then?

tom66
May 7th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Ethernet is used for networking. In this case it could be for internet access, e.g. for software upgrades, or more likely, for streaming videos over the network. So it *could* be used for video, but only files...