PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Power management not working

sabersong
May 7th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I upgraded to Lucid a couple days ago, and noticed that my display turns off after 10 minutes of inactivity. SO I tried adjusting the power management settingds. But no matter what I do, the display still turns off after 10 minutes of inactivity. This is really inconvenient when I'm working with the computer AND a book at the same time. Is there anything I can do about it?

Zorael
May 8th, 2010, 02:26 PM
I can't reproduce this.

And you're sure you're modifying the same power management profile that's in effect?

sabersong
May 8th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Yes, that's exactly the screen I'm working with. I've changed all the settings for all the profiles, turned Power_Devil off and on, tried everything under power management, and nothing works.

Zorael
May 8th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hm hmm.

Try removing (or renaming) the kcmdisplayrc and all files beginning with powerdevil in ~/.kde/share/config/. This should wipe your power management settings. You'd probably need to log out and back in afterwards for this to have any meaningful effect.

$ mkdir ~/settingsbackup
$ cd ~/.kde/share/config
$ mv kcmdisplayrc powerdevil* ~/settingsbackup
Once back in, set up your power management settings (again) and see if they stick properly.

sabersong
May 11th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Sorry for the delay , I've been away from the computer for a day or two.
I tried as you suggested, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

jboss1995
September 22nd, 2012, 01:51 AM
I have the exact same problem. No mater what setting I use it still turns off at 10min. i know this is almost 3 years old but hope someone will help.