PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with ubuntu 10.04 from 10.0 upgradee

Stord
May 7th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Ive been having some troubles with wireless. Ethernet works but wirless (at first) doesn't work. However, when i plug the ethernet in, all the wireless networks it detects are populated and i can then connect until i shutdown my computer.

My disable internet button on my computer also doesn't seem to work well. It is always blue, and when i press it and have internet connection estabsliehd, it erratically turns from blue to orange to blue and then stays on blue.

When i have shutdown and booted up and i haven't placed ethernet in (so wireless doesn't work) it wont even change color.

Any solutions? I dont know what info to include so just let me know...

Edit: and when the wireless does it work, it is slow in opening a new tab and connecting to google.

Stord
May 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Well, it appears that if i press my enable button alot of times it works. So i guess its just failing to change the color of the internet disable button.

Stord
May 8th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Does anyone know which package this bug would be related to so i can report it? I didn't have this problem in previous version, 9.10, so its a regression. However, in 9.10 i did have the problem that on startup the network enable button would always be off.

Edit: well, everything appears to work now. weird.

oocevin
May 8th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Does any body know how to fix this problem:
I need to reinstall 10.4 on my sons PC. I get to the part where it asking where to install but it is blank, nothing. How do I do a clean wipe all reinstall from
my CD. I put it in reboot Goes to tour or install I click on install take me to language then time zone then Keyboard the Disk Space (Partition set up).
But it is BLANK, nothing in there zip....
On the bottom it has a New Partition Button and Add Button and Delete Button, and a reset default Button.
So how to reinstall fresh