PDA

View Full Version : How I lost 17 pounds in 3 months?

swamytk
May 7th, 2010, 04:47 PM
The recent good development in my personal life is my intention of losing excess weight and did succeed to remarkable extent. I have lost 17 pounds in 4 months of time with some simple efforts.

I have just documented this here: http://karuppuswamy.com/wordpress/2010/05/07/how-i-lost-17-pounds-in-3-months/

It may be useful for Ubuntu fans also, since they may put more weight due to more time spent with Ubuntu sitting in front of a machine :-)

swoll1980
May 7th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I lost 80 lbs in 3 months, just working out, and jogging. I went from 260lbs to 180lbs. I'm 6'2" by the way.

swamytk
May 7th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I lost 80 lbs in 3 months, just working out, and jogging. I went from 260lbs to 180lbs. I'm 6'2" by the way.
Wow! it is great. You should have strong determination to do it.

swoll1980
May 7th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Wow! it is great. You should have strong determination to do it.

My goal is to get back up to 200lbs, but by building muscle, not fat.

McMichael96
May 7th, 2010, 06:00 PM
The recent good development in my personal life is my intention of losing excess weight and did succeed to remarkable extent. I have lost 17 pounds in 4 months of time with some simple efforts.

I have just documented this here: http://karuppuswamy.com/wordpress/2010/05/07/how-i-lost-17-pounds-in-3-months/

It may be useful for Ubuntu fans also, since they may put more weight due to more time spent with Ubuntu sitting in front of a machine :-)

Awesome! I need to lose 20 pounds... And gain it all back but with mussel not fat.

kio_http
May 7th, 2010, 06:01 PM

Funny, but on seeing pounds, I thought, you lost money!

swoll1980
May 7th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Funny, but on seeing pounds, I thought, you lost money!

What unit of measurement do they use for weight in Britten?

Maheriano
May 7th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Probably kilograms.

kio_http
May 7th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Not british... I thought the OP was ;)

nothingspecial
May 7th, 2010, 06:26 PM

Don`t know what they use in Britten but here in Britain we use ponds and stones for weighing ourselves but kilograms for everything else.

We do distance/speed in miles/mph, but do temperature in centigrade.

We measure our height in feet and inches, but everything else (except mountains and altitude) in metres.

We drink water in litres and beer in pints.

We used to be entirely imperial and have tried to change to metric but no one has really taken it seriously.

I lost 4 stone (56 pounds) over a year, primarily by giving up coke.

Not that kind, the stuff in a red can. I drank 8-10 cans every day for years.

I am now 12 stone (168 pounds) and 6ft 1.

Cost me a bloody fortune in new clothes, but I feel good about myself.

Elfy
May 7th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Don`t know what they use in Britten but here in Britain we use ponds and stones for weighing ourselves but kilograms for everything else.

We do distance/speed in miles/mph, but do temperature in centigrade.

We measure our height in feet and inches, but everything else (except mountains and altitude) in metres.

We drink water in litres and beer in pints.

We used to be entirely imperial and have tried to change to metric but no one has really taken it seriously.

I lost 4 stone (56 pounds) over a year, primarily by giving up coke.

Not that kind, the stuff in a red can. I drank 8-10 cans every day for years.

I am now 12 stone (168 pounds) and 6ft 1.

Cost me a bloody fortune in new clothes, but I feel good about myself.

I'd use pounds and stones myself ... ;)

nothingspecial
May 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM

;)

LowSky
May 7th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I really need to drop a good deal of weight. But its really tough when you work full-time, go to school full-time, and have an hour commute home.

nothingspecial
May 7th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I really need to drop a good deal of weight. But its really tough when you work full-time, go to school full-time, and have an hour commute home.

Run home or ride a bike :D

LowSky
May 7th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Run home or ride a bike :D

LOL, its 50 miles from home to work, with only the Taconic State Parkway as the only viable way to work. Not really accessible to biking or pedestrians.

nothingspecial
May 7th, 2010, 07:39 PM
LOL, its 50 miles from home to work, with only the Taconic State Parkway as the only viable way to work. Not really accessible to biking or pedestrians.

You would loose weight though - haha :p

Bölvağur
May 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I've lost 2.9 kg past 53 days by tracking down my total consumption in kJ to find out how much my body is burning per day, and try to remember not to go over what you would burn.

oh and avoid soda as it seems to break my predictions (part of knowing what you burn per day you should know how much you weight the next day).

I dont work out but when I've gone swimming I have included that in my model.
My first guess at consumption was 10.000 kJ as that seems to be ~1 kg

does no one make algorithms and predictions or am I just weird because of my education?

lisati
May 7th, 2010, 08:39 PM

/me sighs. When I started school in the mid 1960s, New Zealand used Pounds/shillings/pence for money (changed in 1967) and miles, pounds, stones etc (changed in the 1970s to kilmetres, grammes etc) Mrs Lisati, being a few years younger than myself, missed out on some of the joys of learning stuff like 12 inches = one foot, 20 pennies = 1 pound, 14 pounds in 1 stone, and the joys of knowing which pound was being talked about.

/me now wanders off with a sense of guilt about the spare tyre round my middle.....

NovaAesa
May 7th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Well, I actually have no idea how much 17 pounds really is. I'm guessing around 35 kilograms, right? :P

Ebere
May 7th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I lost 130 pounds of ugly fat overnight.

I got divorced.

lisati
May 7th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Well, I actually have no idea how much 17 pounds really is. I'm guessing around 35 kilograms, right? :P

Sounds about right. If memory serves correctly 454 grams is about a pound, so doubling the number of pounds to get the number of kilograms is a reasonable approximation.

CharlesA
May 7th, 2010, 08:59 PM
2.2 pounds = 1 Kilogram I think.

I ended up losing around 35 pounds in (around) 2.5 months due to cutting portions and walking for 30 minutes during my lunch break. I don't want to exercise when I get home after a day at work.. soo...

swoll1980
May 7th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I lost 130 pounds of ugly fat overnight.

I got divorced.

Ahh snap