PDA

View Full Version : Hm. Am I the only one on the forums right now?

BslBryan
May 7th, 2010, 03:25 AM
It seems that there might be some kind of problem, either with display, or with access to the forums that I was lucky enough to bypass. I see that no posts have been touched in an almost across-the-board hour ago. Also, I am the only person, or thing (spiders, bots) logged in.

Anyone else logged in? If so, what a neat glitch. If not, what a neat glitch! :-)

BslBryan
May 7th, 2010, 03:29 AM
It seems that either the forums are having a problem with display, or there is some kind of problem with the website that I am somehow able to bypass. Looking through the forums, the last posts have happened at an almost across-the-board hour ago. Also, it shows that I am the only person, or thing (spiders, bots, etc.) logged in at the moment, and has for a while.

Anyone else logged in right now? If so, what a neat glitch. If not, what a neat glitch! :-)

MasterNetra
May 7th, 2010, 03:33 AM
It seems that either the forums are having a problem with display, or there is some kind of problem with the website that I am somehow able to bypass. Looking through the forums, the last posts have happened at an almost across-the-board hour ago. Also, it shows that I am the only person, or thing (spiders, bots, etc.) logged in at the moment, and has for a while.

Anyone else logged in right now? If so, what a neat glitch. If not, what a neat glitch! :-)

Its a glitch

Currently there is: 665 members and 17541 guests and 334 Spiders (or was gonna differ after this edit no doubt.)

BslBryan
May 7th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Sorry about the multiple posts. The forums didn't seem to post them. A couple more screenshots.

Pretty cool, though.

BslBryan
May 7th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Sorry about the multiple posts. The forums didn't seem to post them. A couple more screenshots.

Pretty cool, though.

MasterNetra
May 7th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Nope, currently: 665 members and 17541 guests and 334 Spiders (or was gonna differ after this edit no doubt.)

LasloHollyfeld
May 7th, 2010, 03:39 AM
It seems that there might be some kind of problem, either with display, or with access to the forums that I was lucky enough to bypass. I see that no posts have been touched in an almost across-the-board hour ago. Also, I am the only person, or thing (spiders, bots) logged in.

Anyone else logged in? If so, what a neat glitch. If not, what a neat glitch! :-)

I was seeing the same thing until just a minute or so ago, all of a sudden - boom, we're back! Very strange.

nmccrina
May 7th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Its a glitch

No, ITSATRAP!!!

ubuntu-geek
May 7th, 2010, 03:40 AM
We are having some "read" database issues. We should have it resolved soon.

nmccrina
May 7th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Its a glitch

No, ITSATRAP!!!

mikewhatever
May 7th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Its a glitch

Indeed.

Currently Active Users: 16940 (659 members and 15944 guests and 337 Spiders)
but pages move very slowly.

LasloHollyfeld
May 7th, 2010, 03:44 AM

I was seeing the same thing until just a minute or so ago, all of a sudden - boom, we're back! Very strange.

ubunterooster
May 7th, 2010, 03:47 AM
AWESOME! It's not me!

ubunterooster
May 7th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Ubuntu-geek is on :( I had same problem

nmccrina
May 7th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Its a glitch

No, ITSATRAP!!!

CharlesA
May 7th, 2010, 03:50 AM
I've noticed the forums are pretty slow lately. Don't know if it's server traffic or what.

ubunterooster
May 7th, 2010, 03:51 AM
I can't post!

themarker0
May 7th, 2010, 03:51 AM
I've been getting lag the last little while.

KiwiNZ
May 7th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Its a new idea to take work load off the moderators. No members...no work.... no stress. It works.

98cwitr
May 7th, 2010, 03:57 AM
no im making the same thread over and over again apparently :popcorn:

ubunterooster
May 7th, 2010, 03:58 AM
well it is freaky

lisati
May 7th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Definitely glitchy, judging by the repeats of posts I noticed going through this thread - hope this doesn't mean a massive cleanup by staff will be called for.

I did notice a bit of sluggishness a few minutes before noticing that the "who's online" page showed only me (sometimes a sign that the server is having its challenges)

edit: oh something seems to be happening, this thread went from three pages to two! :) Good luck to Ubuntu-Geek with the troubleshooting.

BslBryan
May 7th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Its a new idea to take work load off the moderators. No members...no work.... no stress. It works.

It does get lonely here, all alone, with no one to talk to but myself. Guess I just experienced what it would be like to be the only person on Earth, yet bored enough to go to a forum. Either that, or what it would be like to BAN EVERYONE! :twisted:

ubunterooster
May 7th, 2010, 04:07 AM
it does get lonely here, all alone, with no one to talk to but myself. Guess i just experienced what it would be like to be the only person on earth, yet bored enough to go to a forum. Either that, or what it would be like to ban everyone! :twisted:
lol

98cwitr
May 7th, 2010, 04:08 AM
my threads are updating :?

BslBryan
May 7th, 2010, 04:09 AM
my threads are updating :?

Yeah. Seems to be all right now.

98cwitr
May 7th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Yeah. Seems to be all right now.

i see it now...took like 60 seconds to refresh though (not the page, page loads really quick)

cariboo
May 7th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Merged two threads.

KiwiNZ
May 7th, 2010, 04:21 AM
I did some clean ups

dmizer
May 7th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Heh ... that's not the only problem. Take a look at your (not so hidden) bean count BslBryan ;)

Edit:
That appears to have corrected itself too. Screenshot attached :guitar:

lisati
May 7th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I did some clean ups

I'd noticed: thanks. I think Ubuntu Geek did some cleanups as well.

Endomancer
May 7th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Glad to see I wasn't the only one hit.

ubunterooster
May 7th, 2010, 04:29 AM
This just HAD to happen on a day when I only had 4 and 1/2 hours sleep.

Thanks, Ubuntugeek.

/me scampers off to bed.

BslBryan
May 7th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Heh ... that's not the only problem. Take a look at your (not so hidden) bean count BslBryan ;)

Edit:
That appears to have corrected itself too. Screenshot attached :guitar:

Hehe, that was actually a joke. 99,999 support posts in a little over a year! Take a look now. ;)

dmizer
May 7th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Hehe, that was actually a joke. 99,999 support posts in a little over a year! Take a look now. ;)

Ah ha! Be careful, we're onto you now.

ubunterooster
July 1st, 2010, 02:43 PM
Same problem again?

proggy
July 1st, 2010, 09:57 PM
Well it`s back, anyone know what hapended i tried earlier today and no new posts for seven hours.

KiwiNZ
July 1st, 2010, 09:58 PM
We had Database issues .
Now fixed.