PDA

View Full Version : There are so many things i want to say...

ELD
May 7th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Okay so someone turns around on the novatech forums and says "I didn't think Ubuntu could run 3d games, so maybe a lowly current 9800gt would do?".

Sometimes i just want to bash my head against a wall, why are some people just so...ignorant?

I even pointed out that it obviously can and mentioned a few big name ports like quake 4, doom 3 (rather than warsow for example which wouldn't be as known, if at all) etc and got the response i just knew was coming....http://forum.novatech.co.uk/showpost.php?p=296464&postcount=19

Some people frustrate me...

Dayofswords
May 7th, 2010, 12:07 AM
i dont know a thing about graphics cards

only graphics card i own came with a computer i got at goodwill and it was made in 1996, the company that made has since gone bankrupt

is 9800gt any good?

emarkay
May 7th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Say what???

Sealbhach
May 7th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Just forget it, don't waste time on people who aren't really interested, just help people who really want to start using Linux.

purgatori
May 7th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Heh. I wonder what his reaction would have been if you said you were readying your system for RAGE.

juancarlospaco
May 7th, 2010, 12:21 AM
No one born being a Guru, help da no0bz

Brent0
May 7th, 2010, 12:22 AM
I can see where he was going. If you're running Linux, you don't need a high-end GPU because all of the games available for Linux will work fine with a 9800gt. There is nothing he said that will make me bang my head against a wall. It was just a minor misunderstanding. ;)

JK3mp
May 7th, 2010, 12:29 AM
I would have to disagree that what he's saying is wrong. Perhaps his way in saying it is slightly rude and "snickery"(is that even a word?), but he is right. Linux in general can't play MOST games. If you buy Call of Duty MW 2 at a store and bring it home, it won't install and run on Ubuntu. Most of the games it DOES play are one's that are free, and some people would rather pay which usually leads to a better game. Not bashing linux, i love it, but when it comes to gaming windows wins it over as far as game compatability. Just the way it is. And is the only reason i dual boot.

Kdar
May 7th, 2010, 12:33 AM
just bunch of subhumans using Windows. What do you expect? :lolflag:

JK3mp
May 7th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Lol. How original. :p

gletob
May 7th, 2010, 12:56 AM
He said it himself Windows 7 is better for him, so let him use it. Don't try to convert him, move on to telling other people about Ubuntu, and if he chimes in to dis it, then you have full authorization to Windows bash at 110%.

Mr. Picklesworth
May 7th, 2010, 01:05 AM
That all looked quite friendly and ordinary to me. He needs iTunes — probably owns an iPod and he's never gonna give it up, never gonna let it down, never gonna run around and desert it.

Erm, reflex. That reads as pleasant surprise, too; he learned something and he's probably happy for it; but he isn't going to drop Windows to play a tiny subset of games that aren't all that great anyway. I dual boot, too, and I'm proud of it. Running Windows 7 is my equivalent to owning a game console ;)