PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Roll Back?

jdb91
May 6th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I've just upgraded to 10.04 LTS and just wondering if there is a way of rolling back? It's terrible on my EEE 1080, my sound no longer works, I can't edit the bar at the top, I can't get rid of the Applications menu and I cannot re arrange the icons on the bar. I really want to roll back so is there a way or am I going to have to fresh install?

hansdown
May 7th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Hi jdb91.

The only way back is a fresh install. Sorry.

mikewhatever
May 7th, 2010, 12:34 AM
I've just upgraded to 10.04 LTS and just wondering if there is a way of rolling back? It's terrible on my EEE 1080, my sound no longer works, I can't edit the bar at the top, I can't get rid of the Applications menu and I cannot re arrange the icons on the bar. I really want to roll back so is there a way or am I going to have to fresh install?

There is no 'roll back' whatever that means, but lets try fixing the top panel issue. Open Applications->Accessories->Terminal, copy/paste the following command and hit 'Enter'.

rm -r .gconf/apps/panel

Now, logout, and then login.

dgw
May 7th, 2010, 01:18 AM
my sound no longer works
Type "alsamixer" in a terminal (without the quotes) and adjust your settings there, probably your speaker volume.

jdb91
May 13th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Type "alsamixer" in a terminal (without the quotes) and adjust your settings there, probably your speaker volume.

I sorted that out, in sound settings, it was set to only outputting through the jack rather than speakers.

The second thing I want to sort out it to get the top bar with Applications, Places, System and the bottom bar with running applications like I had on 9.10. I'm sure you used to be able to right click on the bar to edit it, but I can't do that any more. I hate this new sinlge button that fills the desktop with a menu.

jdb91
May 13th, 2010, 05:15 PM
There is no 'roll back' whatever that means, but lets try fixing the top panel issue. Open Applications->Accessories->Terminal, copy/paste the following command and hit 'Enter'.

rm -r .gconf/apps/panel

Now, logout, and then login.

Removing that hasn't changed the bar, this is what I get upon boot:

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/2225/screenshotdoz.png

And this is what I used to have before upgrade (the bars where set to autohide, but you can just make them out)

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8784/editm.png