PDA

View Full Version : Help with visualbasic and gambas2

maizuddin35
May 6th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Hello guys.

Right now im learning visual basic in my studies, and I heard about gambas2 and some more other stuffs, that is based Basic programming and such stuffs.

Ive tried to installed gambas2 from the synaptic package manager, and after that I saw the Gambas2 is in the programming menu, but when I click it, there is nothing happen.
I've tried to install from the .tar.gz package, I'd follow everything in the README.
when everything is done, I type

gambas2

and then this come out

ERROR: #2: Cannot load class 'Project': Unable to load class file

Help please:
1. can anyone help me or tell me what is really happening and what do I need suppose to do to make it work.
2. Is there any more option other than gambas2, that I can install inside my ubuntu for visual basic

sorry for my english, if there any part you don't understand , please tell me.

thanks

kalaharix
May 7th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Hi

What version Ubuntu?

If you are studying Visual Basic (the Microsoft product) as opposed to visual basic then Gambas will probably not help. It is not a clone.

Go back into Synaptic, search on Gambas and make sure ALL the Gambas components are selected. If not then select them and apply.

In what I do (commercial number munching using mySQL and SQLite) I cannot think of a better environment than Gambas but others have different views! I also like the look of KBasic which offers more VB compatibility but have not used it seriously myself.

rgds

maizuddin35
May 7th, 2010, 09:06 AM
thanks for the reply kalaharix, now Im using Ubuntu Lucid.Yes now Im learning with the microsoft product at my university, but I want to know if there is any program such that that I can use in my Ubuntu too.

I heard of KBasic. Now, I have problem compiling it.

thanks again..

s.fox
May 7th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Hello,

I would try the suggestions made here (http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-939685.html).

Hope this assists,

-Silver Fox

maizuddin35
May 7th, 2010, 02:44 PM
thanks for the reply Silver Fox.

But now kalaharix suggest to me KBasic. Now I just dont know how to compile the .bin file I just downloaded. can anyone tell me how to do it?

maizuddin35
May 7th, 2010, 03:38 PM
hello.
I found the solution compiling the kbasic here,
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1147150.html
thank you guys.