PDA

View Full Version : Us canadians... and our beavers.

themarker0
May 6th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Are on the map finally :P

Biggest beaver dam 'visible from space'

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/environment/conservation/biggest-beaver-dam-visible-from-space-20100506-uf73.html

Interesting read. Finally something from Canada stands out :p

standingwave
May 7th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Did the rodents even bother to file an Environmental Impact Assessment per the CEAA? I doubt it.

I saw a pretty cool beaver dam at Murtle Lake (north of Kamloops) a few years ago and I bet they didn't have a damned dam permit either.

Little Bones
May 7th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Great success!:D

RiceMonster
May 7th, 2010, 04:00 AM
I saw that on the news yesterday. Awesome stuff.

CharlesA
May 7th, 2010, 04:06 AM
That is full of pure win.

cariboo
May 7th, 2010, 04:07 AM
We spent a week paddling around Myrtle several years back, it was really nice being able to paddle a canoe without being bothered by people in powerboats.

standingwave
May 7th, 2010, 05:10 AM
We spent a week paddling around Myrtle several years back, it was really nice being able to paddle a canoe without being bothered by people in powerboats.Except for the Ranger! (One of the times I went the ranger was constantly motoring up and down the lake.) I'd have to pull a map but the beaver dam was partway up the north arm on the east shore. I've been all over that lake and it's one of my favorite places to paddle. The hike down to the falls is worth the time. The Bowron is also cool, too but being a circuit, not as relaxing. And the last day is a drag.

themarker0
May 7th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Did the rodents even bother to file an Environmental Impact Assessment per the CEAA? I doubt it.

I saw a pretty cool beaver dam at Murtle Lake (north of Kamloops) a few years ago and I bet they didn't have a damned dam permit either.

They never have permits!