PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Todays 53MB Update, how was it for you?

the.scarecrow
May 6th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Having spent a few hours getting my new 64bit desktop Lucid install just the way I like it, I now am presented with this very substantial Update.

Tell me please, how did this update work for you?
Yes... it all went Okay :D or
No.... it all went horribly wrong ](*,)

Thanks.

howefield
May 6th, 2010, 03:20 PM
All went nice and smooth, can't remember all the updates, but there was a kernel update to 2.6.32.22 which took up a large part, and 36 patches in all for my system.

So far so good. :)

lechien73
May 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM
It all went incredibly smoothly. I have been fortunate, though, my Dell Studio 1735 laptop seems to be very Ubuntu-friendly :)

the.scarecrow
May 6th, 2010, 03:36 PM
It all went incredibly smoothly. I have been fortunate, though, my Dell Studio 1735 laptop seems to be very Ubuntu-friendly :)

Hey! I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1750 and Lucid seems to have close to 100% hardware compatibility so I'm very happy about that. I bought this PC to run Ubuntu and tested in the shop prior to buying it using a USB with Lucid Beta2 on it.

The only slight problem I see so far is the numeric keypad not working correctly. Still early days and I haven't investigated yet.

John Bean
May 6th, 2010, 03:44 PM
It worked fine, as it usually does. The Network Manager applet now has a check box to turn off the popup notifications... thank goodness for that :-)

Nothing else jumped out, nothing broken either.

byline
May 6th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I had an odd situation. After the update, I had a request to restart my computer, which I did. Then it ran a check on my disc for errors, and once that was done, hung up on the Ubuntu screen with red dots (which shows up just prior to the login screen). So then I had to reboot the computer manually.

I had hoped that these updates might provide a solution as to why, since upgrading to 10.04, the swap partition is not mounting automatically, but unfortunately I still have to hit "S" to skip that and then enter it manually into a terminal (sudo swapon -a /dev/sda1) after logging in.