PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] capplets-data upgrade partial fail

crossy
May 6th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Doing a quick 'apt-get upgrade' this morning (for some reason the update notification taskbarcon I had on 8.04LTS seems to be missing) and saw the following:

Setting up capplets-data (1:2.30.1-0ubuntu1) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-at-session.desktop ...
WARNING: Failed to parse default value `[????????? ???????;gnome-appearance-properties.desktop,????????? ???????????? ???????????;gnome-default-applications.desktop,?????????? ??????????;system-config-printer.desktop] ' for schema (/schemas/apps/control-center/cc_actions_list)

Setting up gnome-settings-daemon (2.30.1-0ubuntu1) ...

Anyone get the same, and should I be reporting this to someone? (I'm using Lucid-64bit on a Dell D620 laptop if that makes any difference)

youthzu
May 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I got the same error.

Jimtheplanner
May 9th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Same here.....

Wytze
May 9th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Same error here. v10.04 LTS - Dutch.

eris23
May 23rd, 2010, 07:58 AM
on maverick:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure gconf2
WARNING: Failed to parse default value `[????????? ???????;gnome-appearance-properties.desktop,????????? ???????????? ???????????;gnome-default-applications.desktop,?????????? ??????????;system-config-printer.desktop] ' for schema (/schemas/apps/control-center/cc_actions_list)

ComputerJy
May 26th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I think this has nothing to do with capplets. I guess it's trigerred everytime dpkg tries to read from gconf2