PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can not install Ubuntu and any other Linux Distro

monjurul88
May 6th, 2010, 11:30 AM
hi guys, yesterday i bought my new desktop computer. i was really excited because i knew that i m going to install the new Lucid (i already installed in my old laptop).but after installing windows xp and windows 7 successfully i was trying to boot with the live cd, after a black/blank screen came and like the system hanged (freeze)...i had to restart the computer and every-time its the same problem.....i tried other linux distro and also tried to install using wubi....but surprisingly none of the linux i could make install. everytime the system is freezing and no respond......

Here is my hardware description :

CPU: AMD Phenom 2 X4 945 3.0 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS M4A88TD-M
RAM: Kingstone 2 GB 1333Mhz DDR3
HDD: 500GB SATA
Display :ATI Radeon™ HD 4250 GPU

i really dont understand how can i fix this issue.....i was trying for the last 4-5 hours.....go around webpages.....looked for the solution...but still did not find anything....

so i really need u guys help.....if there is anything with the motherboard or bios settings or sata drivers...

even i tried with 64-bit iso and also alternate iso version of ubuntu.......but everytime same problem...

i really worried.....if my motherbaord or processor have any issue with ubuntu and other linux or not....

waiting for ur reply guys...............................

TrakerJon
May 6th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hope this helps...https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport/

dino99
May 6th, 2010, 11:46 AM
you have to learn a little how to format and make install.

read the sticky threads on ALL the forums here

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/

roddersg
May 10th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Hi all,

I have the same motherboard except that I am using a Phenom 3 X6 1055T, onboard graphics (Rad 4250) and 1T hard disks.

Have not problems installing Ubuntu 10.04 amd-64 Desktop from a bootable USB drive.

The only problems I have with this system is that I cannot get the audio working (got HDMI & SPDIF ok) but not the PCM. The installation says RAD ATI SB, but does not indicate the ACL892 chipset. If any of you have the same board, kindly give me a heads-up.

Thanks.