PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] evolution doesn't show new mail nofication in panel

uk2
May 6th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Hello,

I am using:

ubuntu 10.4
2.6.32-21-generic
Evolution 2.83.3

I have noticed that when I get a new email, it never shows a new mail icon in the panel. I had the same problem with 9.10, and I thought the problem would go away when I upgraded to 10.4.

I have checked the properties in Mail preferences:

Play sound - yes
Display a notification - yes
Indicate new messages in panel - yes

Many thanks for any suggestions,

Rodney9
May 6th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I have almost the same problem, the indicator applet turns green when I get mail but no sound, notification or new message count or anything, but that awful green.

uk2
May 6th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Rodney9
May 7th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Bump

sakundiak
May 11th, 2010, 08:42 PM
I too am having this problem. I have my settings set the same as uk2 but evolution never notifies me of new email

x-shaney-x
May 11th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Same here. I was getting notification bubbles, green icon and sound.
The message part of the indicator was updated a couple of days ago (not sure if it was from normal updates or "proposed") and that's when it changed.

tlikarish
June 16th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I'm seeing this happen for me after just upgrading to 10.4 lucid lynx. Both evolution AND empathy are no longer displaying notification bubbles when i receive new mail or a new chat message. I double checked my preferences in empathy and evolution to make sure I still had notifications turned on properly and they were.

Any ideas what might be up?

empathy version:
Empathy 2.30.1

evolution version:
GNOME evolution 2.28.3

best,
tim

randlieb
June 18th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Add me too. Just switched to Evolution and not getting any notification other than a sound from the Mail Notification plugin. Only has a sound option, no pop up or bubble option.

Using Ubuntu 10.04 and Evolution 2.28.3.

youWho
July 19th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hello,

I am using:

ubuntu 10.4
2.6.32-21-generic
Evolution 2.83.3I have noticed that when I get a new email, it never shows a new mail icon in the panel. I had the same problem with 9.10, and I thought the problem would go away when I upgraded to 10.4.

I have checked the properties in Mail preferences:

Play sound - yes
Display a notification - yes
Indicate new messages in panel - yesMany thanks for any suggestions,

I also get no notification of new email. And if I might ask anybody/everybody (forgive me please if this is dumb): I don't wee where you find for example those preference options you mention above. In Evolution 2.28.3 on Ubuntu Studio Lucid 64-bit I have the menu item: Edit->Preferences, but none of those things you mention are listed anywhere among the preferences. Confusing.