PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Convert Netbook Remix to normal Ubuntu

drewaustin
May 6th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Hello Folks, I hope someone can lend me some advice.

I have recently installed Netbook Remix 10.04 on my MSi Wind u100, and so it dual-boots XP, as well as Netbook Remix. I'm not a huge fan of netbook remix, and I find it really doesn't add a whole lot to my netbook experience. I was quite surprised when setting up evolution and empathy to find a number of the windows didn't fit on my 1024x600 screen.

As such I would like to put normal Ubuntu 10.04 onto my netbook. What would be the easiest way to do it? Should I just install it from a LiveCD, or is there a better way?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

mikewhatever
May 6th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Just logout, select Gnome something under Session, and log back in. If that doesn't work, you could just remove netbook related packages. There should be nothing to install, since Gnome Desktop should already be there.

drewaustin
May 6th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Just logout, select Gnome something under Session, and log back in. If that doesn't work, you could just remove netbook related packages. There should be nothing to install, since Gnome Desktop should already be there.

I logged out, but those options weren't available for some reason. So, I restarted and there they where.

Thanks for the speedy assistance. :biggrin:

lupa18
August 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Hi ! I did the same and all works, but the desktop doesn't appear at background. I mean, files and folder under Desktop folder doesn't appear.

Any idea how can I fix it ?

timmyhiggy
December 4th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Hi ! I did the same and all works, but the desktop doesn't appear at background. I mean, files and folder under Desktop folder doesn't appear.

Any idea how can I fix it ?

I am having this problem too. I checked at nautilus still has the "show desktop" box ticked in gconf-editor. Any ideas what it might be?