PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] bugs in kontact: akonadi errors, decryption and toolbar

caspartroy
May 6th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Hello,

akonadi shows errors (self test) on every startup (on different setups and with different errors) that's very annoying, everything seems to work though, so i just want to get rid of that stupid message (why should an average user of kontact solve mysql problems?).

Decryption of mails is not working, because of a "wrong passphrase" (says so in the mail body). I was never prompted for a passphrase and kgpg decrypts the msg.asc fine, so its a kmail problem!?

the spam / ham buttons are invisible. i added them to the toolbar with no effect (meaning, they are still invisible). Removing of other buttons works.

I'm sorry, that I have not the time to search for a solution or write a proper bug report, did anybody solve these problems?

btw, kontact crashes from time to time with a segfault, overall a pretty unstable not to say unusable impression...

Thanks for reading and have a good time.

Orval
May 17th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I have the same problem. KAddressbook worked a few times, but did not show the e-mail adresses when I wanted to include them in an e-mail in kmail.
Later kaddressbook did not work at all, saying that there is a problem with akonadi.

So now i am using evolution.