PDA

View Full Version : English help

Cutler
May 5th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Hello guys. I'm lost:-) I need to check my English text and this forum is the first place that popped up in my head. Pleeease is there any native English speaker who could check it? Thx a lot if anyone will check it out and tell me any mistake that he found. Don't judge the content it's a piece of you know what. It's called Encryption :-D

A man is an animal. Whatever you think, whatever you feel it's true. We are animals, fortunately during the not so long period of time we are living on this planet, we have developed a few really nice skills that makes us different from animals. We can create, use and improve various tools and we realized ourselves(for sure this is not an entire list of our “features” that makes us different from animals, but it's enough for our demand). There are some animals that realizes themselves too, but it's
neither obvious nor useful for us now. We've learned how to organize time and use it for us. We've realized that we are not immortal and we should somehow use that time efficiently.
Nowadays everything speeds up. You get up in the morning and you realize that you have to get to job in just 30 minutes and the city, as usually, suffers from the morning traffic jam. As soon as you'll get there the show begins. Checking emails, writing reviews, signing contracts or milking cows. Having finished the given amount of work you hurry home to satisfy you partner with late-evening dinner or any other kind of entertainment or more likely you visit one of you favorite pubs to shake off the still present stress that have accumulated in you throughout the entire day.
Whatever you do these days must be clean, fast and efficient to make you successful. For this reason a man created various tools that helps us with this. Vast majority of these tools is electronic and thus very vulnerable to any kind of attack, physical or electronic. We use cell phones, PDAs, notebooks, netbooks, desktop computers etc. Electronic devices just follows ours steps where ever go. Often we save a very sensitive data to our devices, eg. Emails, birthdates, contacts, number etc. and we don't want anyone else to see it or even steal it and use it for his own purpose. At this point encryption comes to scene.
To prevent any kind of loss of our data we have to encrypt everything starting from our mail correspondence through our cellphones to the toilet flushing timer. The easiest way how to save our data is to disconnect our computer or any other electronic device we use from any network and turn it off, there is no more secure way to keep our data safe. If we have to be connected to the Internet or any other network we have a lot a possibilities how to protect our computer. For example when we want to create a home Wi-Fi and connect it to the Internet we should encrypt it somehow. For these occasions we have a few encryption protocols that we can use.
It everything started with the WEP encryption which is the most basic one and also the weakest one. Even though it's really easy to break through this kind of encryption many people still use it. Why? Because it's the default option! So don't be lazy and read the manual. Next one is the WPA which is much better but still not the one that Chuck Norris wants to use. The best one is the WPA 2 which is really hard to break. Why? Because everything is developing and security experts are surprisingly a step ahead hackers. For sure we have to encrypt our cellphone, car, PDA or any other device as well as our computer. Fortunately for us, the car was encrypted in factory as well as the cellphone was. Everything we have to do is to select a proper password(this don't regards to the car as far as I know). This keeps us away from the encryption algorithm itself. If we'd like to know how it really works under the hood we'd have to study a lot. Math, logic, programming, network interfaces, structure of the computer itself etc. For everyday use this is not necessary. People are so lazy and so creative that it's just about writing a password, fortunately for us, end-users. Conclusion? Use protection in every aspect of you live.

nothingspecial
May 5th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Hello guys. I'm lost:-) I need to check my English text and this forum is the first place that popped up in my head. Pleeease is there any native English speaker who could check it? Thx a lot if anyone will check it out and tell me any mistake that he found. Don't judge the content it's a piece of you know what. It's called Encryption :-D

A man is an animal. Whatever you think, whatever you feel, it's true. We are animals. Fortunately during the not so long period of time we haved lived on this planet, we have developed some really nice skills that make us different from animals. We can create, use and improve various tools and we realize ourselves(for sure this is not an entire list of our “features” that make us different from animals, but it's enough for our demand????). There are some animals that realize themselves too, but it's
neither obvious nor useful for us now (What is?????). We've learned how to organize time and use it for us. We've realized that we are not immortal and we should somehow use that time efficiently.[END]
Nowadays everything speeds up. You get up in the morning and you realize that you have to get to job in just 30 minutes and the city, as usually, suffers from the morning traffic jam. As soon as you'll get there the show begins. Checking emails, writing reviews, signing contracts or milking cows. Having finished the given amount of work you hurry home to satisfy you partner with late-evening dinner or any other kind of entertainment or more likely you visit one of you favorite pubs to shake off the still present stress that have accumulated in you throughout the entire day.
Whatever you do these days must be clean, fast and efficient to make you successful. For this reason a man created various tools that helps us with this. Vast majority of these tools is electronic and thus very vulnerable to any kind of attack, physical or electronic. We use cell phones, PDAs, notebooks, netbooks, desktop computers etc. Electronic devices just follows ours steps where ever go. Often we save a very sensitive data to our devices, eg. Emails, birthdates, contacts, number etc. and we don't want anyone else to see it or even steal it and use it for his own purpose. At this point encryption comes to scene.
To prevent any kind of loss of our data we have to encrypt everything starting from our mail correspondence through our cellphones to the toilet flushing timer. The easiest way how to save our data is to disconnect our computer or any other electronic device we use from any network and turn it off, there is no more secure way to keep our data safe. If we have to be connected to the Internet or any other network we have a lot a possibilities how to protect our computer. For example when we want to create a home Wi-Fi and connect it to the Internet we should encrypt it somehow. For these occasions we have a few encryption protocols that we can use.
It everything started with the WEP encryption which is the most basic one and also the weakest one. Even though it's really easy to break through this kind of encryption many people still use it. Why? Because it's the default option! So don't be lazy and read the manual. Next one is the WPA which is much better but still not the one that Chuck Norris wants to use. The best one is the WPA 2 which is really hard to break. Why? Because everything is developing and security experts are surprisingly a step ahead hackers. For sure we have to encrypt our cellphone, car, PDA or any other device as well as our computer. Fortunately for us, the car was encrypted in factory as well as the cellphone was. Everything we have to do is to select a proper password(this don't regards to the car as far as I know). This keeps us away from the encryption algorithm itself. If we'd like to know how it really works under the hood we'd have to study a lot. Math, logic, programming, network interfaces, structure of the computer itself etc. For everyday use this is not necessary. People are so lazy and so creative that it's just about writing a password, fortunately for us, end-users. Conclusion? Use protection in every aspect of you live.

I haven`t time to do it all now. I hope you understand my corrections. Not that they are necessarily correct. Also, if this is a serious piece, stop using 'we`ve' and 'it`s' rather than 'we have' or 'it is'.

This is opinion only :p

Cutler
May 5th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Thx a lot man:-) i'll give there for the demand of this article if it's correct