PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Entries in Other Software Sources unticked

Robbyx
May 5th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Flowing from the upgrade to Lucid a number of my previous other software sources have been disabled. I tested a few and there was no software at the address for Lucid. I know that in due course some will have software. Do I have to manually check the sources via my browser or will ubuntu enable them automatically?

uRock
May 5th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Flowing from the upgrade to Lucid a number of my previous other software sources have been disabled. I tested a few and there was no software at the address for Lucid. I know that in due course some will have software. Do I have to manually check the sources via my browser or will ubuntu enable them automatically?
If they are unticked, you will probably have to add the new ones yourself when the PPAs for Lucid are released. Your old ones were for the old release and are obsolete with Lucid.

Robbyx
May 6th, 2010, 12:11 AM
It so happens one of the disabled entries is for openoffice. I suppose i will have to keep checking if a Lucid version is available. Is there a more automatic way of doing it?

uRock
May 6th, 2010, 12:22 AM
It so happens one of the disabled entries is for openoffice. I suppose i will have to keep checking if a Lucid version is available. Is there a more automatic way of doing it?
Not that I know of. I was on their site this morning and I didn't see one listed for Lucid. Lucid does use the same 3.2 version, but I think they have added code for compatibiliy reasons, not sure though.