PDA

View Full Version : No Sound in some Games

El Guapo
February 9th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I haven't installed too many games, but intalling Tux Racer has left the game without any sound. However, Tux Kart has sound. Having said that adjusting the system sound does not adjust the sound level in Tux Kart, nor Tux Racer for that matter.

Any ideas?

mirtux
February 9th, 2005, 07:42 PM
I've got the same problem with Frozen-Bubble. If i start it from the application bar the sound is not working but when i start it from the terminal the sound appears..... very strange.... Have you tried to start it from terminal?

Regards,
MC

El Guapo
February 10th, 2005, 07:15 AM
No, I haven't tried it from the terminal. I will give that a shot and let you know how it goes...

I'm back and I found the same results for frozen bubble and Tux Racer behaves the same way. Something is obviously missing when the games are loaded from the menus. I'm not sure what though :?

mirtux
February 10th, 2005, 09:09 AM
But, sorry can you hear other sounds, as sound system or mp3?

Regards,
MC

kamstrup
February 10th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I have also experienced this problem (ie. only sound when running from a terminal). A fix is to right click the menu entry in question and choose properties. Then check the field "Run in terminal" or whatever it might be called in english.

Dylanby
February 10th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Try killing esd.

mirtux
February 10th, 2005, 01:51 PM
I have also experienced this problem (ie. only sound when running from a terminal). A fix is to right click the menu entry in question and choose properties. Then check the field "Run in terminal" or whatever it might be called in english.
Thanks, good point!
Regards,
MC

El Guapo
February 13th, 2005, 05:24 AM
But, sorry can you hear other sounds, as sound system or mp3?

Regards,
MC

The other system sounds work fine. However, the volume control doesn't seem to have any effect on the start up sounds or the level of sound in the games.

Selecting the "start in terminal" property didn't help either. ](*,)

RastaMahata
February 14th, 2005, 04:42 AM
The other system sounds work fine. However, the volume control doesn't seem to have any effect on the start up sounds or the level of sound in the games.

Selecting the "start in terminal" property didn't help either. ](*,)
I think its because when you click on a menu item, a sound appears (something like a drum...), and maybe the system thinks that sound is busy...
I think thats the reason...

mirtux
February 14th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I know that it's a different point but i installed KDE 3.3.2 (from sources) and all the problems went away.... you could try....

Regards,
MC

kamstrup
February 15th, 2005, 09:40 AM
I know that it's a different point but i installed KDE 3.3.2 (from sources) and all the problems went away.... you could try....

Regards,
MC
Infidel!

(sorry... I had to ;-P )

mirtux
February 15th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Well, is a solution, isn't it? ;)

Regards,
MC