PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Lubuntu... horrid problem

hellrazor236
May 5th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I installed Lubuntu 10.04 yesterday (yay, my first serious installation!), and I was trying to install the drivers for my video card (GeForce 6200), when it told me that it couldn't use ld. After oing some research I found out that it was in binutils. So I went over and got it and tried to ./configure it when it told me that there weren't any C compilers in $PATH,
so I went over to the gcc homepage with a fine-toothed comb and found gcc 4.5.0. When I tried to./configure it, it also told me that there aren't any C compilers in $PATH.

I'll admit I'm decently new to Linux (I know a few commands, 'bout it), I'm just wondering what I should do.

wandalalakers
May 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I have the same problem with Kubuntu and a Nvidia 7300se.
I'm just going to wait and hope this problem will be fixed the next .1 release. I'm running everything ok except my favorite opengl screensavers.

cariboo
May 5th, 2010, 05:43 PM
You shouldn't have to, but make sure you have build-essential installed, it is in the repositories.

phillw
May 5th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hi, in order for me to able to compile stuff up (specifically pcmanfm during testing), I put these onto my lubuntu system.

http://wiki.lxde.org/en/PCManFM_build_and_setup_guide

Regards,

Phill.

hellrazor236
May 6th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Will try!