PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mouse behaviour and Wesnoth

mcman42
May 5th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Hi guys. Funny thing, after upgrade to the new release. The Wesnoth game is unplayable. The mouse in game works, you can see the cursor move over buttons, but clicking them has no effect, so you cant get further then the main menu. Im pretty sure I have to reinstall something, but dunno what. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

mcman42
May 6th, 2010, 08:32 AM
*bump*

xavierc
May 6th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Hi guys. Funny thing, after upgrade to the new release. The Wesnoth game is unplayable. The mouse in game works, you can see the cursor move over buttons, but clicking them has no effect, so you cant get further then the main menu. Im pretty sure I have to reinstall something, but dunno what. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I checked out the Wesnoth forums and it only works if it's in full screen mode (ctrl+f). Really annoying. Unfortunately that's all I've got

mcman42
May 8th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the "walkarournd" suits me for now, but still looking for proper resolution of the problem.

Thorndeux
May 13th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I just wanted to point out that Wesnoth 1.8 has been released (but is not yet in the Ubuntu repositories). So you might want to check out whether the problem persists if you install the new version.

Edit: 1.8 IS in the repositories, it's just not the default as it was not ready at Lynx's release. In Synaptic search for a package called 'wesnoth-1.8'.

Edit 2: The problem does persist in 1.8, but as I play in fullscreen mode anyways the Ctrl+F solution is an acceptable workaround for me.