PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] upgradation from 9.10 to 10.4

abhinav.p
May 5th, 2010, 07:25 AM
hello all...well the latest version of ubuntu is released and i thought it would be wise to ask you people if it is better than 9.10 or just not worth the trouble. I had a bitter experience with 9.04 to 9.10 with boot up getting stuck and all after upgrade.so if every one says it is worth it and has many bugs rectified, i will go with the upgrade.but if u differ, i will wait for some more time.

lechien73
May 5th, 2010, 09:14 AM
It's a difficult question to answer, I'm afraid! My upgrade was reasonably smooth, but so was my upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10. It all depends on your hardware, the complexity of your set-up, and what software you run.

For instance, do you dual boot? If so, it would probably be a good idea to read some of the forum posts on dual booting before you upgrade.

Are you a home or a business user? Are you accessing the Internet from behind a proxy? What kind of problems did you encounter in the previous upgrade?

Sorry I can't be more clear, but everyone's upgrade experience is different!

dino99
May 5th, 2010, 09:23 AM
always the same story guys:

if you never can wait and ready to tweak the not solved bugs, well its not a problem

but i you think: i can wait a couple weeks for bugs released and have no time to search and tweak, well its easy to know what choice is yours :p