PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screen flickers when installing ubuntu 10.04 server

anthor
May 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 server on a PC of mine that I'm using as a server and the screen flickers really badly. I've tried using a different screen and I've tried some advice that I have seen on these forums and a few others, such as trying to change vga mode but despite trying all the modes I'm still having the same problem.

I'm using an Intel DG45ID board with onboard graphics.

I want this to work. I would prefer to run a linux server over Windows but the frustrating thing is that something as simple as the installation screen should just work. It's too important for it not to. I've never seen Windows have a problem displaying its installation process and I think that these kinds of issues are ultimately what make Windows users turn back and stick with what they know.

I would like to point out that the difference here is that I see the value of Linux and really would prefer to use it instead. I want to love it.

Hope someone can help. I'd really appreciate it.

bdaman12
May 6th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I have this same issue. I installed 10.04 the first time and everything appeared to go fine, but then after it told me to reset and remove disc the screen froze. I tried reinstalling 10.04 and this is when the screen began to flicker almost as much as it was clear. The install completed and I am currently using Ubuntu to post this. The screen still goes through bits of flickering and I hope that there is some solution.