PDA

View Full Version : Signature Info

physic.dude
May 4th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I would like to put ALL of my computer specs into my signature so I don't need to include the info when people ask me in a post.

what should I include?
Is there something I can do to get a list of everything?

I want to be really specific (i.e. graphics card, motherboard, processor, exc.)

MaxIBoy
May 4th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Try this command:

sudo lshw

On the current computer, I get output like this:
http://pastebin.com/2T1JCms0

You can then read the ouptut and cherry-pick the details you want for your signature. Or you can put the whole thing on pastebin and link to it.

98cwitr
May 4th, 2010, 06:48 PM
see sig, honestly I just used sysinfo to collect all the data :)

Ginsu543
May 4th, 2010, 07:07 PM
You can check out my sig, too. Basically, I like to include the make, model, and specs of the cpu, motherboard, ram, video card, hard drive, and OS.

98cwitr
May 4th, 2010, 07:21 PM
You can check out my sig, too. Basically, I like to include the make, model, and specs of the cpu, motherboard, ram, video card, hard drive, and OS.

are you dual booting lucid and karmic?

Ginsu543
May 4th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Yes, at least for now. I have Karmic set up exactly the way I want it (result of many hours of troubleshooting, configuring, and personalizing), so I didn't want to lose it. With 4 TB of hard drive space, I have plenty of room to set aside for many different versions of OSes. I'm sure with several months of use, I will have Lucid configured to the point that I won't use Karmic much anymore. When Ubuntu 10.10 comes out, I'll most likely install it over Karmic. Then I will have Lucid as backup. My only question at this point is whether I want to set up a full Windows install (only reason would be to play games) since my Windows XP virtual machine is working so well in VirtualBox. If I do, then I'll do a triple boot.

physic.dude
May 4th, 2010, 09:58 PM
OK, how is this?

The Real Dave
May 4th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Seems perfect man. Mines a little different.