PDA

View Full Version : Lucid experience

xumuk37
May 4th, 2010, 02:24 PM
+ or -

don't forget "bump" xD

Carl Hamlin
May 4th, 2010, 02:40 PM
My experience has been positive overall with some negative aspects.

I've found that 10.04 boots, shots down, and generally moves data *much* more quickly than it's predecessors. I'm also a fan of the Thunderbird 3 installable via repository.

However, certain software I was using with no problem before causes the system not to boot properly if installed, and my computer gets hotter than hell if run while plugged in.

xumuk37
May 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM
my laptop gets hot too pluged and flash helps a lot... html5 where're you?! :lolflag:

tica vun
May 4th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Positive since the first beta.

Kirky_D
May 4th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Positive: Fast, looks georgeous, stable so far

Negative: Problems with nvidia and plymouth. Me menu has dissappeared http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1466457

philinux
May 4th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Thread moved to CC.

Not a support request.

madnessjack
May 4th, 2010, 03:35 PM
positive without a doubt. been very smooth and very stable. early days though.

ukripper
May 4th, 2010, 03:37 PM
+ since alpha...

brydonhunter
May 4th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Positive: fast, stable, actually like the new theme (changed background picture of course), everything works including Sun java and flash with Chrome.

AlanR8
May 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Again positive since Alpha releases. Had some Plymouth issues to begin with but what can you expect with Alpha software? Have it installed on this Sony (sig line), Compaq Mini, HP Pavilion (5 year old media laptop), and a home built desktop.

No issues with any machines!

98cwitr
May 4th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Voted for both

philinux
May 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Positive.

Since I always have the next dev release on my HD2. I know if it will run without any bugs. And it does.

schauerlich
May 4th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I had some issues with the nvidia drivers (to the point where i couldn't even boot normally), and sound was broken as always... but other than that, it's been fine.

galdren
May 4th, 2010, 04:50 PM
love it! never experienced such an easy distribution upgrade...normally the system is almost worthless after upgrading an existing installation but this upgrade actually made it more stable!! thanks to all involved :D

TommyBrunn
May 4th, 2010, 04:53 PM
When I tried beta 2 it was absolutely horrible. It crashed all the time. But now that the final release is out, I haven't had a lot of crashes at all. I have some problems with Empathy not being able to connect to Facebook, crashing when I join my favorite IRC channels and forgetting my IRC nick, but overall nothing major. The messaging menu has bugged me for a bit with giving me multiple entries for gwibber, but that's a minor bug.

What is a bit of a showstopper is that Banshee can't synch with my iPod anymore. I've submitted a bug though, so hopefully there will be a fix sooner rather than later.

So, it's been a mixed experience, but mostly positive.

1Michael1
May 4th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Drivers for my chipset was finally automaticly installed during this upgrade so I couldn't be more pleased.
Very easy to upgrade as well.

adsinclair
May 4th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Upgraded server over ssh with no problems. It's been running great so far...

cariboo
May 4th, 2010, 06:09 PM
There really isn't a need for this poll, as there is already a Lucid experience thread here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1465548). Closed.