PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Create a Customised Ubuntu DVD

Balvinder25
May 4th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Hello All,

I need to know how I can create a customised Ubuntu Iso.Cause ive spent hours trying to customise ubuntu and finally it meets my requirements .I dont want to go through the process of doing all that again incase anything goes wrong.I like to have a DVD which if I install would load all the codecs, wallpapers, applications the way they are right now.
so in other words :
I would like to create an ISO image with all my applications and stuff that would install automatically If Godforbid I reinstall Ubuntu again.

Thanks all for your support.. please guide ..

Animal X
May 4th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hello All,

I need to know how I can create a customised Ubuntu Iso.Cause ive spent hours trying to customise ubuntu and finally it meets my requirements .I dont want to go through the process of doing all that again incase anything goes wrong.I like to have a DVD which if I install would load all the codecs, wallpapers, applications the way they are right now.
so in other words :
I would like to create an ISO image with all my applications and stuff that would install automatically If Godforbid I reinstall Ubuntu again.

Thanks all for your support.. please guide ..

i recommend clonezilla and save the image on an external drive, thats what i do.

Balvinder25
May 5th, 2010, 10:36 AM
ok thanks for the response !! Ill try that out and will post incase i run into any issues..

Thanks !!

shooter468
May 5th, 2010, 10:46 AM
give THIS (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/with-all-new-installing-of-ubuntu-and.html) a read
some interesting stuff on how to package your apps for a clean install