PDA

View Full Version : a Python Script...

Infinitum_Omega
May 4th, 2010, 12:33 PM
If you have already downloaded the first package , namely: pysorter_v1.zip please DELETE it and download the new package.
I apologize for any inconvenience caused

Hi I'm 17 years old.Firstly, I finally made a partial switch from Windows to Hardy. Had some issues got them sorted...

I want to contribute this script to the community and would like to make it public here at Ubuntu forums. I'm still a beginner at programming in Java and Python but I think that many of you will find it useful. Constructive criticism welcome :P

If this post violate the T&C, feel free to delete it...

Description:

pySorter allows you to sort files in directories according to their file type. A good example of this would be './look.jpg' moves to './Images/JPG/look.jpg'

The software uses only python libraries except for the command-line parser that I wrote.

This script works only when the files in the directory are not locked, I can not guarantee the accuracy of moved files as it uses pythons shuttle library which does not copy METADATA

Not all exceptions are currently handled by the script. It would be appriciated if anyone could help with this as I don't have much time on my hands to do this as well.

Chris

Link to codepage:
http://code.google.com/p/pysorter/

juancarlospaco
May 4th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Remember me to MagicFolder...
:)

Infinitum_Omega
May 4th, 2010, 01:48 PM
That was a put down. lol, When I searched for software that could do that I couldn't find any. So spent hours writing this script... I decided on python as my professor said it's a great language.

Infinitum_Omega
May 9th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Excuse the bump. Just want to notify anyone that has already downloaded this, that I uploaded the wrong file and the correct one is now available.