PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Some direction

rwslippey
May 4th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Looking for some guidence from the community here.

I am looking into hosting a few websites for local business owners in my area, most are friends however I wanted to make it easy to manage, I have experience with webmin but want to configure things right in case one day this becomes a web hosting company. Anyone have any experience with web hosting using ubuntu. I've got some experience with ubuntu, wouldn't call my self an expert but can get around the server and desktop editions usually without any trouble.

I've installed ISPConfig and played with it, but it doesn't seem to function 100% , ... somewhere between changing the admin password and the DB their was a mistake (most likely in the md5 encryption and I had to manually add the password to the DB after encrypting it...
Webmin on the other hand doesn't really have the user control panel that I'd like to be able to provide...

so I guess the main question here is what experience does the cumminity have with control panels and ubuntu ... As well as their experience with web hosting with ubuntu... I'm sure as the rest of the community is that ubuntu can do just about anything you make it do... just woundering if it is feasable and worth the time?

Anyone's thoughts and experienced are grealy appriciated...

HermanAB
May 4th, 2010, 08:43 AM
You can use Virtualmin.