PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] mouse/keyboard (ALT button) hell on fresh install of 10.04..Sugar?

mr.c.d
May 3rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Hello. I've just done a fresh install of 10.04. Everything was fine to begin with, but after downloading and using the Sugar Emulator I am having issues with the keyboard/mouse. (Not sure Sugar caused it, but it started immediately after closing the application.)

Now when I click and drag across a window (ie to select text in OO or Firefox) the windows moves. :/

To cut a long story short, Ubuntu is acting as if my ALT key is held down. If I hold the button down it acts almost normally, but things like firefox are still not very happy about it... and nor am I :,(

I have rebooted a couple of times, ensured the button isn't physically stuck, and pulled out a good many hairs; all to no avail.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? Do you think it's worth hunting for this bug, or shall I reinstall again, and hope for the best?

Please help me. :/

dbcoder
May 21st, 2010, 12:10 AM
Sugar definitely caused it. It happened to me too. Whenever I click I need to hold alt or else it behaves as if alt is depressed at all times. But what is odd is that if I hit tab, it doesn't behave as if I had hit alt+tab. It's really annoying and I haven't found a solution. Sugar screwed it up... but how?!? Gah this is really annoying.

ifland
September 14th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I had the same problem and I managed to fix it by going to System -> Preferences -> Windows and selecting "Alt" as the movement key. (To actually click on the window without moving it, I held the Ctrl key and clicked.)

- Orion

budderfly
November 5th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I had the same problem and I managed to fix it by going to System -> Preferences -> Windows and selecting "Alt" as the movement key. (To actually click on the window without moving it, I held the Ctrl key and clicked.)

- Orion

Thank you so much!