PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Weird Logout Bug

archithcr
May 3rd, 2010, 04:21 PM
Hi

I am running Lucid Lynx, Desktop Edition on an asus eee 1005ha netbook. i've noticed a strange issue.

there are two accounts i've setup, one admin and one normal user. when i click on logout and login as admin and then boot into the admin desktop and then click on logout again, i get a blank screen and nothing happens. i have to remove the battery and restart the system to get it running again.

anyone else facing the same issue?

slowhound
May 4th, 2010, 09:31 AM
I get exactly the same thing - only upgraded to Lucid a few hours ago, didn't do it before then.

I'm running KDE and I'm using nvidia proprietary drivers, if these make a difference.

huck416
May 7th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I'm having the same issue on my main system with an ATI card. It happens about 50% of the time. I can't ALT-Fx to another screen either. The monitor just goes to power save standby and I can't get it back. I have to ssh from my laptop to reboot the system. My laptop does not have the problem and it's running ATI as well. System is Kubuntu 10.4 on both. I had this problem with an earlier release but it was fixed when I upgraded to 9.10.