PDA

View Full Version : 10.04 reviewed: "This is the best operating system currently available."

Foster Grant
May 3rd, 2010, 03:46 PM
Interesting ... http://lunduke.com/?p=1095

From the summary:

Ubuntu 10.04 ups the ante significantly by bringing polished features that Windows 7 and MacOS X users simply do not have.

The user experience is clean and elegant, with an almost timeless quality to it. The functionality is advanced and the integration between applications superb.

Add to this the fact that Ubuntu 10.04 has 3 years of full support ahead of it, and I’d say, with out a doubt…

Ubuntu 10.04 is, by far, the best operating system for desktops, laptops and netbooks available today. I highly recommend this release both both personal and business use. For existing Linux users, Mac users or Windows users.

This is a big freaking deal.

This is not a matter of “one day, Linux will be ready for the desktop”. Nor is this a hopeful proclamation of “This year… this year will be the year of desktop Linux”.

This is it. This release, of this particular Linux distribution, is astounding and competitive with both Windows and Mac. No. Strike that.

Ubuntu 10.04 blows them out of the water.

praveesh
May 3rd, 2010, 03:52 PM
Everybody can have their own opinion .

Viva
May 3rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
I concur

swoll1980
May 3rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Try telling that guy it shouldn't have been released.

m4tic
May 3rd, 2010, 03:58 PM
We all have blogs. Try getting Ubuntu on BBC

Shakz
May 3rd, 2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah I am a big fan of those guys. I like the Linux Action Show and all of the others for that matter. I do have to disagree with Bryan though, and lean more toward what Chris said about it in this weeks LAS podcast.
I have tested software for over 10 years and I can tell you almost right away if software is easy to break.
Well in its current condition Lucid is too fragile.
I am now. Only been running linux at home for a bout 7-8 weeks. I ran Karmic for a month...then Lucid for a couple of weeks...up untill a couple of days ago. I have gone back to Karmic. I may load it back up in a few months or just hold off till 10.10. Dunno yet.

drawkcab
May 3rd, 2010, 10:42 PM
We all have blogs. Try getting Ubuntu on BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8326264.stm