PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Empathy auto login

pjones0404
May 3rd, 2010, 03:31 PM
I select the option in empathy to auto login at startup but it is not working. I would like to keep it in the menu at the top but would like it to auto login. Do i need to manually add it to the start up application?

By the way I am running 10.4.

RedRecidivist
May 20th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I'd like to know the answer to this too...

tagbre
May 22nd, 2010, 10:16 PM
Same problem here....

-humanaut-
May 22nd, 2010, 11:15 PM
What chat service are you running I've only run into this problem with Yahoo

RedRecidivist
May 23rd, 2010, 02:28 AM
Only MSN (Windows Live) for me...

I'm not with that PC to check it right now, but I think the problem is that Empathy is not starting at all - despite being configured to - it's not just that it's failing to log-in.

hannaman
May 23rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Somewhere in these forums, it is explained that the option in Empathy only auto-connects to the internet on startup and does not do auto log-in. To do the auto log-in, I added the command "empathy -h" to Startup Applications. The -h option starts Empathy in hidden mode, so no dialogs show up.

RedRecidivist
May 24th, 2010, 01:53 AM
That works, of course, but it's a bit of a botch! :)

Thanks for taking the time to answer though.

bluepicaso
January 2nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
Doesn'w work for me at all. i have to open it and select available from the status. then it starts loging in all accounts
:mad:

LordNodens
May 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Somewhere in these forums, it is explained that the option in Empathy only auto-connects to the internet on startup and does not do auto log-in. To do the auto log-in, I added the command "empathy -h" to Startup Applications. The -h option starts Empathy in hidden mode, so no dialogs show up.

Thanks a lot! This works!