PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nvidia 6150SE Horizontal Lines Crash

Herzchell
May 3rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Hi, I have an e-machines computer model EL1200-05w, I believe my Graphics card is a 6150SE, what happens is that often about 3 or 4 times a day my computer displays horizontal stripes and the computer freezes completely and have to shut down the computer manually, this does not happen on Windows and have tried Fedora and Kubuntu with no avail, I do not know if it's a Kernel Issue or the graphics card. I have searched extensively and have found nothing. I'm using Ubuntu Lucid Linx by the way.

Herzchell
May 4th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Help anyone?

Herzchell
May 7th, 2010, 07:46 AM
bump ](*,)

rexbinary
May 19th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I have a friend with having the same issue on a EL1200-01e with the same graphics, except he can't complete installation due to the horzinal lines.

I am going to update his system BIOS to the latest version first. If that doesn't help I am going to try using the alternate install cd to install in text mode and then troubleshoot from there.

I will report what I find in hopes it will help you as well.

rexbinary
May 20th, 2010, 02:38 AM
It seems updating the system BIOS to the latest version from the E-Machines web site has corrected the issue for my friend. So far no horizontal lines. I will monitor it for a few days to make sure the horizontal lines do not return and report back.

Herzchell
May 21st, 2010, 11:09 AM
Hey rex, I had not noticed the reply you posted, so, since you havent reported back I will assume the problem has been fixed, I will try your sugestion and post the results.

rexbinary
May 21st, 2010, 02:19 PM
My friend reports the horzontial lines have not returned so I think the BIOS upgrade did the trick.