PDA

View Full Version : Iron man 2

sandyd
May 3rd, 2010, 04:22 AM
Just watched it (im doing some company work in the UK), and it was awesome.

the rest of you will be seeing it on friday (north america), and im not going to give anything away, so grab some :popcorn: and get redy...

and yes, its really late now (5am approx, but for some reason, my hotel doesn't have a clock???), so im going to sleep.

p.s. anyone excited??

kerry_s
May 3rd, 2010, 04:55 AM
Just watched it (im doing some company work in the UK), and it was awesome.

the rest of you will be seeing it on friday (north america), and im not going to give anything away, so grab some :popcorn: and get redy...

and yes, its really late now (5am approx, but for some reason, my hotel doesn't have a clock???), so im going to sleep.

p.s. anyone excited??

friday! well that just blows for the rest, but i will be watching it in 1hour 50min, hopefully. :D

akand074
May 3rd, 2010, 04:58 AM
Yes I am too excited for that movie! Been waiting for months. Is it as great as it looks?

nmccrina
May 3rd, 2010, 05:13 AM
I am NOT excited since I will have to deal with the crushing mobs of humanity trying to watch it (I work at a theatre).

wilee-nilee
May 3rd, 2010, 05:23 AM
I used to like Robert Downey Jr, he is a good actor in general. But after his role in Tropic Thunder, and all the actors, including Ben Stiller showed us just another version of minstrelsy, black face and all, I am hesitant to watch anything by any of them, ever.

The fact that they would do that movie at all says a lot about them.

And before this gets into a flame fest or I'm called a troll, I would just say that mimicry would be okay if there had ever been any kind of fair treatment of known marginalized groups to begin with, so that everybody could have equal representation in a presentation and in life in general.

bigsmitty64
May 3rd, 2010, 05:26 AM
Can't wait to see it! Mickey Rourke looks bad a$$ in this!

nmccrina
May 3rd, 2010, 05:32 AM
I used to like Robert Downey Jr, he is a good actor in general. But after his role in Tropic Thunder, and all the actors, including Ben Stiller showed us just another version of minstrelsy, black face and all, I am hesitant to watch anything by any of them, ever.

And before this gets into a flame fest or I'm called a troll, I would just say that mimicry would be okay if there had ever been any kind of fair treatment of known marginalized groups to begin with, so that everybody could have equal representation in a presentation and in life in general.

I think you didn't understand Tropic Thunder...it's a satire. The characters were supposed to be over the top and offensive, to make fun of Hollywood. I think that you and the makers of Tropic Thunder perhaps have the same ideas, but express them in different ways.

wilee-nilee
May 3rd, 2010, 05:43 AM
I think you didn't understand Tropic Thunder...it's a satire. The characters were supposed to be over the top and offensive, to make fun of Hollywood.

I understand more then you think, and if you look closer at my argument and reflect a little, maybe study on the meaning of accepted social norms you will understand.

I will not post anymore on this thread as it is of topic, but you welcome to PM or email if you would like a more definitive description as to why I feel this way.

Lightstar
May 3rd, 2010, 05:56 AM
Excitement! Yes!

NCLI
May 3rd, 2010, 06:11 AM
I watched it last Friday, and it's definitely a good movie, better than the first, IMHO :popcorn:

swoll1980
May 3rd, 2010, 06:16 AM
OMG! It's on tv here every 5 minute. Even ads for other products squeeze it in some how. This kind of over hyping never seems to lead to any thing good. I'm already sick of the movie, and I haven't even seen it yet.

Tristam Green
May 3rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
I am NOT excited since I will have to deal with the crushing mobs of humanity trying to watch it (I work at a theatre).

Then quit. I'm sure you won't mind not having a paycheck since you have such problems dealing with throngs of people.

o lawdie.

OMG! It's on tv here every 5 minute. Even ads for other products squeeze it in some how. This kind of over hyping never seems to lead to any thing good. I'm already sick of the movie, and I haven't even seen it yet.

It's cool to hate anything popular.

I'm looking forward to this movie bigtime. Huge Iron Man fan and an even bigger War Machine fan :D

Bölvağur
May 3rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
ironman 2?
I thought the first one was horrid enough for anyone not to want to be intellectually tortured again.

nmccrina
May 3rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Then quit. I'm sure you won't mind not having a paycheck since you have such problems dealing with throngs of people.

OMG. Have you never had a bad day at work? For the most part I love my job, but there are a few days I'd rather have a cubicle. What the hell's wrong with that? :confused:

Do you also assume that everyone who works in the mall can't wait to go to work the weekend after Thanksgiving?

Tristam Green
May 3rd, 2010, 02:42 PM
OMG. Have you never had a bad day at work? For the most part I love my job, but there are a few days I'd rather have a cubicle. What the hell's wrong with that? :confused:

Do you also assume that everyone who works in the mall can't wait to go to work the weekend after Thanksgiving?

I worked in retail and restaurants for 5 years. The only days I didn't want to work during the year were Thanksgiving day and the day after Christmas.

I have plenty of bad days at work, seems like more than ever lol.

I'm still very glad I have the paycheck though.

The only reasons it bothers me to hear people who work in theaters say what you just did is because of two reasons:

1) The theaters in my area are worked by a group of teenagers who have absolutely zero pride in their work. That bothers me.
2) The same people who work the theaters here knew what the job entailed when they applied, because they frequent the movies themselves. This bothers me more -- knowing the amount of people that go to see movies, then griping about it later.

You have to understand where I'm coming from :)

nmccrina
May 3rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
I worked in retail and restaurants for 5 years. The only days I didn't want to work during the year were Thanksgiving day and the day after Christmas.

I have plenty of bad days at work, seems like more than ever lol.

I'm still very glad I have the paycheck though.

The only reasons it bothers me to hear people who work in theaters say what you just did is because of two reasons:

1) The theaters in my area are worked by a group of teenagers who have absolutely zero pride in their work. That bothers me.
2) The same people who work the theaters here knew what the job entailed when they applied, because they frequent the movies themselves. This bothers me more -- knowing the amount of people that go to see movies, then griping about it later.

You have to understand where I'm coming from :)

Well, maybe I shouldn't complain, lol. And once I'm actually at work I don't mind, and actually have fun. It's just the suspense that's unbearable. :D

sydbat
May 3rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
2) The same people who work the theaters here knew what the job entailed when they applied, because they frequent the movies themselves. This bothers me more -- knowing the amount of people that go to see movies, then griping about it later.This is why I wait for the DVD...then I can watch it at my leisure on my home theatre and not deal with over-priced everything and kids who work at the theatres that don't care, etc, etc, etc.

And to the OP - yes I am excited because the first one was quite good. And I'll wait the 2 months for the DVD.

NCLI
May 3rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
I'm looking forward to this movie bigtime. Huge Iron Man fan and an even bigger War Machine fan :D

I'm sad to say that I found Warmachine disappointing. Not the suit or the action scenes(The scene in which he acquires the suit is AWESOME beyond belief), but the actor portraying him was just plain boring.

Tristam Green
May 3rd, 2010, 04:39 PM
I'm sad to say that I found Warmachine disappointing. Not the suit or the action scenes(The scene in which he acquires the suit is AWESOME beyond belief), but the actor portraying him was just plain boring.

We'll agree to disagree there, because I find Don Cheadle immensely entertaining, and I cannot stand Terrence Howard.

00arthuryu
May 22nd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Did anyone see/notice what looks like ubuntu on the dell XPS computer? Its in the executive office of stark enterprises?

There was a bar at the top, some sort of orange background and what looks like shortcuts to firefox and gedit.

However, it could just be me, loved the film :KS