PDA

View Full Version : 7 New Rules For Getting Ahead

Sporkman
May 3rd, 2010, 01:12 AM
With the worst recession in decades finally easing, the question many Americans are asking is, what now? After prior recessions, many of the lost jobs came back quickly and people more or less resumed their former lives. But this time, economists think many of the 8.4 million jobs lost during the recession are gone for good, with a tumultuous period of adjustment ahead. "There's a global paradigm shift going on," said Mohammed El-Arian, CEO of the huge investment firm PIMCO, at a recent conference in Los Angeles. "There's always a recognition lag. People hold onto the old paradigm until the evidence of a new paradigm is overwhelming."

Business leaders like El-Arian are preparing for an economic future that's quite different from the recent past--and ordinary Americans can follow their lead. The future is always murky, of course, but some long-term changes in the economy and the job market are coming into view. Here are seven new rules for getting ahead, along with some of the mental adjustments that Americans need to start making:...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/7-New-Rules-For-Getting-usnews-2968406435.html?x=0

JDShu
May 3rd, 2010, 01:18 AM
Rule 7 everyone. Rule 7.

Lightstar
May 3rd, 2010, 01:27 AM
Recession was a hoax people fell for.
If there was no warning of 'recession' people wouldn't have spent less, businesses wouldn't have made less money, jobs would not have been erased from businesses making less money.

During a recession people need to eat just as much as before, they need to have a house just like before, and they enjoy sports, internet, movies, just as much as before.

chappajar
May 3rd, 2010, 01:29 AM
Recession was a hoax people fell for.
If there was no warning of 'recession' people wouldn't have spent less, businesses wouldn't have made less money, jobs would not have been erased from businesses making less money.

During a recession people need to eat just as much as before, they need to have a house just like before, and they enjoy sports, internet, movies, just as much as before.

We need a tinfoil hat smiley...

kvant
May 3rd, 2010, 01:30 AM
Mostly agree with Lightstar.

All I see from recession is good stuff: not spending too much, failed businesses breaking as they should because they're failed (unless payed for with tax payers money), people bicycling more etc.

Lightstar
May 3rd, 2010, 01:57 AM
We need a tinfoil hat smiley...

I have a tinfoil hat my girlfriend made me! haha! yeah it would be a useful smiley

Mostly agree with Lightstar.

All I see from recession is good stuff: not spending too much, failed businesses breaking as they should because they're failed (unless payed for with tax payers money), people bicycling more etc.

Oh yeah! public transportation and bicycles, people trying to spend less money on gas are all very positive things, and help the environment! :D
Forcing vehicles companies to make their engines use gas more efficiently.
Yay!