PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Screensaver issue DellGX260

Ed209
May 3rd, 2010, 12:17 AM
Hi, Just installed Ub Studio 10.04 onto a Dell Gx260 Desktop with Creative 5.1 live and 80gb dual boot drive shared with xp, 1gb ram, onboard graphics. Sound card not a prob, dual boot, grub etc works great. Have a problem with screensaver tho. When I go to screensaver in the menu, the screen goes blank as if the screen saver has kicked in. System doesn't give me time to edit parameters. I have to reboot to get system running again. Have tried reinstalling ubuntu screensaver but no success. Screensaver effectively kills system when it kicks in. HELP!!!!!I'm a relative newbie tho I have had success with same PC using Studio 9.04. 9.10 was rubbish. I could never get graphics to run on anything cept 800x600. I love the look/functionality of Linux Ubuntu Studio and want to justify moving from xp to 10.04 but if this sceensaver issue blocks my path...AAArrgH! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if tis goes on the wrong thread etc... I'm a forum virgin. :-)