PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [ask] how to make title to the center of the title bar on Lynx 10.04

AbangBoltok
May 2nd, 2010, 11:57 PM
hello everyone..

:D

after upgrading from Karmic Koala 9.10 to Lucid Lynx 10.04, i notice something different with title bar on every window opened.

for example:
"Google - Mozilla Firefox" is not at the middle of the window title. and on Lynx it's on the left.

if it's possible, how can i move it to the middle??

btw, i'm using default theme. :D

thanks..

Minsky
May 3rd, 2010, 01:21 AM
Just a suggestion, it could be that you're using the Emerald window manager. If so, then you need to go into Emerald Theme Manager and alter the title bar settings in there.

AbangBoltok
May 3rd, 2010, 07:02 AM
thanks.

on default theme, the title is aligned to the leftside.
but if i use other theme from Karmic Koala, it's at the center of the title bar.

i just cant find fancy theme for lynx with "close, minimize and maximize" button on the top left hand side.

sorry of my English, it's not my first or second language :D

Chromagnum
May 3rd, 2010, 07:41 AM
So basicly you want the button to the left and the center title. Okay, since I don't know how to alter title text position, I'm just gonna give you some ideas. How about this:

1. Choose whatever theme that have center title.

2. To change the button to the left (Lucid style):

Alt + F2

type: gconf-editor

go to: apps > metacity > general

look for button_layout, and change it to this:

close,minimize,maximize:

if you also want menu button, then change to this:

close,minimize,maximize:menu

Sicadastra
April 28th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I'd like to revive this thread if possible. I've updated to 10.10 and my title bar (the upper most part of a window ie. "Ubuntu Start Page - Mozilla Firefox" is also aligned to the left instead of center. I'm not sure where to tweak this as I can't find it on gconf-editor (I'm not that good with it) or Ubuntu Tweak.

If anyone who's using 10.10 already who altered their title bar position, I hope they can help me and others too.

Thanks.

Copper Bezel
April 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
It's not a gconf setting; it's a part of the Metacity theme. This bit, in the Metacity theme's .xml, here aligned to the left:

<!--
Title Text
-->
<draw_ops name="title-text-focused">
<title color="#bbbbbb" x="5" y="((height - title_height) / 2)"/>
</draw_ops>

<draw_ops name="title-text-unfocused">
<title color="#7b7b7b" x="5" y="((height - title_height) / 2)"/>
</draw_ops>

<draw_ops name="blank">
</draw_ops>

<!--

Centered looks more like this:

x="(width - title_width) / 2 +1"

If you're using Emerald, as noted earlier, it's in the Emerald theme settings.

Sicadastra
April 28th, 2011, 03:54 PM
It's not a gconf setting; it's a part of the Metacity theme. This bit, in the Metacity theme's .xml, here aligned to the left:

<!--
Title Text
-->
<draw_ops name="title-text-focused">
<title color="#bbbbbb" x="5" y="((height - title_height) / 2)"/>
</draw_ops>

<draw_ops name="title-text-unfocused">
<title color="#7b7b7b" x="5" y="((height - title_height) / 2)"/>
</draw_ops>

<draw_ops name="blank">
</draw_ops>

<!--Centered looks more like this:

x="(width - title_width) / 2 +1"If you're using Emerald, as noted earlier, it's in the Emerald theme settings.

Thank you for this. I don't have Emerald and I don't think I'd bother installing it for a minor, albeit bothering setting.