PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] UBUNTU startup help!!

allstar123
May 2nd, 2010, 10:51 PM
i have windows and ubuntu on the same computer, i could usually switch on startup my pressing shift, it no longer works. Any suggestions?

Doug11
May 2nd, 2010, 11:34 PM
i have windows and ubuntu on the same computer, i could usually switch on startup my pressing shift, it no longer works. Any suggestions?

Could you explain a little more of your setup. Do you have one disc partitioned or two hard drives. What are you using or your bootloader?

pastalavista
May 2nd, 2010, 11:41 PM
Try installing startup manager
sudo apt-get install startupmanagerthen run
sudo update-grub && gksudo startupmanager

allstar123
May 3rd, 2010, 12:15 AM
oh hell, idk?!

pastalavista
May 3rd, 2010, 12:25 AM
You need to learn how to ask. Don't worry, you can use as many letters as you want. If you don't know what's going on, how can we possibly help you?

allstar123
May 3rd, 2010, 12:36 AM
when i boot up, it used to go to a menu for me to select between windows and ubuntu now there isnt a menu and it goes straight to windows. should i re install ubuntu from my disc or what? it was working earlier, and i hap problems finding my wep key, but i found it and put it in, then the same thing asking me for my wep key popped up i did that 4 or 5 times it didnt work so i turned off my computer, when i turned it back on no menu to choose from...

pastalavista
May 3rd, 2010, 12:59 AM
You'll need to boot from a live CD to repair grub. This page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Grub2#Recover%20Grub%202%20via%20LiveCD) will help.

allstar123
May 3rd, 2010, 01:08 AM
i believe i know what i did...i click try ubuntu and make no change to your computer...