PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Mail

akand074
May 2nd, 2010, 10:46 PM
Hey guys,

I never tried Evolution mail before now, but early when Karmic was released and for a few months after I read nothing but complaints about it. I just tried it in Lucid, not sure what they've changed in it but I actually really like it. I did though try Empathy and it was absolutely dreadful. I don't even have it in me to give it a try again but a friend of mine has tried it in Lucid and said he still finds it terrible. Anyone else use Evolution and have any opinions on it? I find it comparable to thunderbird, it just feels more comfortable to me, perhaps because its a little better integrated with Ubuntu by default.

click4851
May 2nd, 2010, 11:37 PM
I use it, I don't get alot of emails, maybe 4 to 8 a day, and I like it. It does what I need, I use the spam filter, and the calender as well for birthdays, anniverseries, and such. I keep wanting to try Thunderbird, but it just works so I haven't.

yester64
May 3rd, 2010, 12:59 AM
Evolution is more a business application.
But it works well for me. For just email Thunderbird might be already enough.
Its a personal preference really.
At least i don't have any problems with it.

p.s. i actually liked the gnome webbrowser. Its just lagging some features, but its fast and not very bloated. Plus some pages can not be displayed :( Was that flash? Maybe, failed with Adobe i'll guess.

YuiDaoren
May 3rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
I like Evolution. It's not quite as simple as Thunderbird, but I find Evolution's other features useful despite their being a bit business oriented.

Thunderbird is great for folks who want an e-mail reader that foes a single job well. Of course, you can then "plug-in" it to death, too =o)