PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Panels are Mixed Up

EnigmaticCoder
May 2nd, 2010, 08:34 PM
After installing Ubuntu from scratch, the display had to run in reduced settings and a lower resolution. I fixed that problem, but now the panels are mixed up i.e. the trash can icon is not at the bottom right corner. Instead, the workspace icon is there, and the trash can icon is closer to the middle of the panel.

Is there a way to fix this or reset the panels to their default setting?

compiz addict
May 2nd, 2010, 09:19 PM
Right click on a panel icon, and make sure "Lock to Panel" is NOT checked (if it is un-check it), and then click "Move" and drag the mouse to the place you want. Also, to get back missing icons, right click on an empty space on the panel, click "Add to Panel..." and browse the available icons.

Hope this helps.

Kafubie
May 2nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
For some reason. Once in a while my icons get scattered even though I put almost all of my applets on "lock". Does anybody know about this bug?:P

SnickerSnack
May 2nd, 2010, 09:47 PM
For some reason. Once in a while my icons get scattered even though I put almost all of my applets on "lock". Does anybody know about this bug?:P

So do mine.

I think it only happens when I shutdown/restart, but not when I suspend.

tom.swartz07
May 2nd, 2010, 10:21 PM
The easiest way to revert the panels to the original setting (the one that you have right after a fresh install) is to remove all of the configuration files.

Please note that this will delete the files, so if you think you might want them, back them up first....

rm -r ~/.gconf/apps/panel
Logout/in and you should be all set!

compiz addict
May 3rd, 2010, 01:34 AM
Just a random question that's sorta related,
will rm -r ~/.gconf/* reset everything?

EnigmaticCoder
May 3rd, 2010, 03:28 AM
Thanks everyone. Unticking lock to panel and moving the icons did the trick.

tom.swartz07
May 3rd, 2010, 04:46 AM
Just a random question that's sorta related,
will rm -r ~/.gconf/* reset everything?

Yepper