PDA

View Full Version : Google acquires BumpTop (3D Desktop)

arnab_das
May 2nd, 2010, 08:23 PM
Google has acquired BumpTop and 3D Desktop Technology. What is Bumptop? Watch this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ODskdEPnQ

Anyway, whats interesting is that Google has acquired this at a time when its developing its own OS. does this mean its gonna be integrated in its new OS? If thats what Google has in mind, I think the computer world is set for a massive earth shattering change.

Read about this here: http://mashable.com/2010/05/02/google-bumptop/

KiwiNZ
May 2nd, 2010, 08:37 PM
"massive earth shattering change" .....No

Bumptop = rubbish

If Google add that to thier OS it will yet another reason not to use it. Bumptop is horrible.

arnab_das
May 2nd, 2010, 08:41 PM

Bumptop = rubbish

If Google add that to thier OS it will yet another reason not to use it. Bumptop is horrible.

well google devs wont sit idle on that would they? they would improve it of course :)

fatality_uk
May 2nd, 2010, 08:47 PM
I saw BumpTop a couple of years ago. Was never really taken with it has to be said.

m4tic
May 2nd, 2010, 08:49 PM

Bumptop = rubbish

i don't think they'll leave it unchanged. Most people also used to say something like: Android Linux= rubbish
Look at it now
Lets just wait and see, it won't cost us a thing

EarthMind
May 2nd, 2010, 10:24 PM
How many more companies is Google going to buy...?

Warpnow
May 2nd, 2010, 10:53 PM
Yay! finally my desktop can be as disorganized as my desk! All the efficiency was really annoying me!

JamezQ
May 2nd, 2010, 11:13 PM
This can actually be useful on a tablet. Maybe google is planning that.

666f6f
May 3rd, 2010, 01:23 AM
Steve Jobs: Oh Boy, Oh Boy...

johnb820
May 3rd, 2010, 05:25 AM
New way to make easy money:

1. Start a small scale development company.

2. Develop a potentially innovative but ultimately unusable program with the threat of making something worth millions in the near future given the aid of a competitor.

3. Sell to Google.

$$$