PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] install from live cd problems

ArtLaForge
May 2nd, 2010, 08:09 PM
Finally got Lucid installed, WoW very impressed. However getting it installed was a nightmare. I want to send live cd's to my family around the country but I don't want them to get discouraged with a weird cd install.

I downloaded the RC "bitorrent" for I386 cd version and the amd64 DVD version. I decided to test each one prior to sending to family members. I found that both cd and DVD booted the same, first a purple screen with two icons at the bottom, I waited and got a pop up message that the installer encountered an unrecoverable error, when I clicked Ok the cd/dvd ejected, no install. After trying again and again I discovered that if I hit the enter key on the first purple screen with the two logo's at the bottom the language selection screen would pop up. Next screen looked like I could install but that failed. the CD test passed, Memory test worked ok and try without installing loaded fine. So at the desktop I clicked on the install Icon and lucid installed without any errors, one major delay was at 95% into the install I thought the install program froze. I have a lot of patience, after about 10 minutes the install finished, and I am happily running Lucid :)

I do not want to mail these cd/dvd install disks to my family until I know the procedure will be painless for them. I downloaded one more cd version of lucid today and it worked the same as the others. Any ideas out there? :confused: