PDA

View Full Version : Busy box (initramfs) boot problem !! PLZ HELP

mohameds102004
May 2nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
i tried to install ubuntu netbook remix edition 10.04 on my laptop HP Compaq 550 through a usb flash stick ... with the usb creator which included into the iso image i got this msg (( attached screen-shot )) .

i tried another application which makes a usb bootable disk called "UNetbootin" it boots successfully but after booting every thing got FREEEEEEEEEEEZED ... i tried the same thing with ubuntu 9.10 it's succeed .. but i neeed to install 10.04 ... PLZ HELP

mohameds102004
May 3rd, 2010, 12:51 AM
uppppppppppppppppp ... plz help

mohameds102004
May 3rd, 2010, 08:15 PM
upppppppp

mohameds102004
May 3rd, 2010, 09:26 PM
that's my main topic and i think that i add it to the wrong place
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9219760
PLZ read it and answer me

alexanda
May 3rd, 2010, 09:34 PM
i tried to install ubuntu netbook remix edition 10.04 on my laptop HP Compaq 550 through a usb flash stick ... with the usb creator which included into the iso image i got this msg (( attached screen-shot ))

It sounds as if the problem isn't that Ubunutu wont install, but instead that you were not able to format and prepare the USB drive.

An easy solution may be to just burn the .ISO to CD, and then boot from the CD.

If that isn't an option, then please provide the following information:

- Which .ISO did you download (file name)?

- Which operating system is your computer currently running?

- Which USB Creator software did you try to use? Were you root/admin when you ran it?

flyfishingphil
May 3rd, 2010, 09:41 PM
that's my main topic and i think that i add it to the wrong place
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9219760
PLZ read it and answer me
I had 9.10 installed already so the upgrade to 10.04 was simple enough.All I had to do was go to System>Administration>Update manager and in the upper right corner the Upgrade to 10.04 was listed. Clicked on that, waited about 1.5 hours while everything needed was downloaded, accepted update, waited about 1.5 hours while installation and clean up were performed, shut down, restarted and it works just fine. The only problem I vhave noticed is 10.04 is considerably slower in just about everything than 9.10 was.

Hope this helps.

If you don't already have a version of Ubuntu installed I suggest you get the manual, http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=326 and print a copy of that. If I can follow the instructions, and do an installation, ANYBODY should be able to do it. (I'm nearly a total Newbie and don't "speak" computer/Ubuntu at all well.

cariboo
May 3rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
Please don't create multiple threads on the same subject, I have mereged your two threads.

Please use the default font formatting when creating a post, some people will bypass your question if there is strange formatting.

mohameds102004
May 3rd, 2010, 09:59 PM
It sounds as if the problem isn't that Ubunutu wont install, but instead that you were not able to format and prepare the USB drive.

An easy solution may be to just burn the .ISO to CD, and then boot from the CD.

If that isn't an option, then please provide the following information:

- Which .ISO did you download (file name)?

- Which operating system is your computer currently running?

- Which USB Creator software did you try to use? Were you root/admin when you ran it?

- iso name : ubuntu-10.04-netbook-i386
-i formated it and created an ext4 drive and swap drive to install it as a clean install
- UNetbootin

I had 9.10 installed already so the upgrade to 10.04 was simple enough.All I had to do was go to System>Administration>Update manager and in the upper right corner the Upgrade to 10.04 was listed. Clicked on that, waited about 1.5 hours while everything needed was downloaded, accepted update, waited about 1.5 hours while installation and clean up were performed, shut down, restarted and it works just fine. The only problem I vhave noticed is 10.04 is considerably slower in just about everything than 9.10 was.

Hope this helps.

If you don't already have a version of Ubuntu installed I suggest you get the manual, http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=326 and print a copy of that. If I can follow the instructions, and do an installation, ANYBODY should be able to do it. (I'm nearly a total Newbie and don't "speak" computer/Ubuntu at all well.

thnx for this advice and i try it nw ... thxxxxxxxx

Please don't create multiple threads on the same subject, I have mereged your two threads.

Please use the default font formatting when creating a post, some people will bypass your question if there is strange formatting.

i'm so sorry i didn't meant it i though that i have published the topic in the wrong place ... thx

alexanda
May 3rd, 2010, 10:11 PM
-

-i formated it and created an ext4 drive and swap drive to install it as a clean install

Do you have access to a CD burner? I suggest that you burn the .ISO to CD, and then boot from CD.

Booting from USB is great, but there are a handful of small quirks that makes the procedure unique to every system. We can keep trying to troubleshoot this, but I assure you it will be faster to just burn the CD.