PDA

View Full Version : Shipit question

Jessevl
March 19th, 2006, 05:38 PM
I already gave away 50 Ubuntu cd's they were gone in no-time.
Now I want to order more of them (500 or so) to place them at shops in my city, so everyone can try Ubuntu:p I think displays to put the cd's in would be nice if i want to do that, I know you can order them as well, but I don't know how! maybe anyone of you knows that? I also want to know how many cd's i can put in it, and how to order multiple displays?

PS: you call them displays, don't you?

briancurtin
March 19th, 2006, 06:33 PM
yeah i would call them displays, and just try to order a custom sized order of 500.

i dont think it will go through, but you could write to them and tell them of your successes giving them away and your plan to continue. however, please dont be user "TechSonic"

Jessevl
March 19th, 2006, 06:48 PM
however, please dont be user "TechSonic"
Don't worry, why should I?:-k
Now everyone has seen what happened to TechSonic,I don't think anyone would try to do something like that again :P

But I still don't know how many cd's I can put in them, and how I can order more of them.

Jessevl
March 20th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Nobody?

JoshHendo
March 20th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Well, how many do you think that you are going to give away. Only order the ammount you think that you are going to give away. 500 I don't think they will send in one go, though you could maybe get 100.

curuxz
March 20th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Who was TechSonic and what did he/she/it do?

Sorry for my lack of board triva :(

Jessevl
March 20th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Who was TechSonic and what did he/she/it do?

Sorry for my lack of board triva :(
Actually it's a bit offtopic, but ok:
TechSonic opened a topic "I walked into the macdonalds..." where he said he brought some Ubuntu cd's to his local macdonalds every day. Someone put that on digg.com but after that TechSonic said he had made the whole story up. TechSonic was really angry about the person who had put it on digg, and he still is.

At least, that's what I thought, I haven't followed the whole story...