PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 not booting software RAID 1

JohnDewey
May 2nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
*sigh* For the past 24 hours I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit on a multi-boot machine with RAID 1 for the / partition.

After reading that fakeRAID is more troubles than worth it, I downloaded the alternate install CD, setup two identical drives as software RAID (/dev/sda1 and /dev/sdc1 as ext4 as well as /dev/sda5 and /dev/sdc5 as swap) and installed the system- This took hours and now it only boots into busybox, complaining it can't find /proc and other stuff.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem and how to fix it?

sammiam
May 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
I too have experienced the same problem..... I spent hours building my system... /boot = raid1, / = raid1, swap=no raid... CD loads everythng, everything looks good, when it get to the part where the CD is ejected, and system is booted..... I get same errors, the problem is that the mount by UID fails with "invalid argument" not sure what's going on... anyway, I then tried to load via the alternate CD and build a system with NO raid at all, it fails about 1/2 way thru, with the error that it want's me to mound the CD labeled "Lucid".... I'll try and download the live CD today and load from that.... so far, am pretty disappointed in what I'm seeing with this release.....:(

renatogui
June 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Try this:

http://blog.foobaria.com/2010/05/installing-ubuntu-1004-desktop-with.html