PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't upgrade from 10.04 Beta

neilneil2000
May 2nd, 2010, 05:46 PM
I installed 10.04 beta a month or so ago, and with the launch of the distribution version proper I expected a "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" to move to the full version.

However, my grub menu still shows all the kernel options as "(development branch") and over the past few days there haven't been any upgraded packages.

What am I doing wrong here?

dino99
May 2nd, 2010, 05:52 PM
you still have the latest packages if you have update and upgrade it, there is no updates since few days now, dont worry

Kilz
May 2nd, 2010, 05:59 PM
I installed 10.04 beta a month or so ago, and with the launch of the distribution version proper I expected a "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" to move to the full version.

However, my grub menu still shows all the kernel options as "(development branch") and over the past few days there haven't been any upgraded packages.

What am I doing wrong here?

You are doing noting wrong, you just have a misconception. If you do all the updates to a "beta" version of the installation media, you have the release. The release candidate isnt a separate version. The version numbers dont change. 10.04 is still 10.04. A release is just the version with the bugs fixed to the point it is released. The bugs are fixed by the newest packages.