PDA

View Full Version : Firefox stuck at version 3.5.2

harvster
May 2nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
I recently upgraded to 10.04 and had several issues with java and flash in firefox and wanted to start over with the latest version of firefox. After removing it with
sudo apt-get remove --purge firefox
and removing my .mozilla folder I installed 3.6.4 using synaptic. However, the firefox version is still listed as 3.5.2 no matter what I do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

madjr
May 2nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
the default firefox in lucid is 3.6.x

you should just reinstall from the live-cd and save effort

techishare
May 2nd, 2010, 04:29 PM
Try updating through update manager. Yesterday when I ran update manager it updated Firefox 3.5.3 to 3.6.3. Try it.

CmdGabriel
July 6th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Try updating through update manager. Yesterday when I ran update manager it updated Firefox 3.5.3 to 3.6.3. Try it.

Hi,
I haev Ubuntu 9.04 and I am still on Firefox 3.0.19 !!! All other updates seem to work.
How do i find the update manager?Normally everything gets done automatically... ;-)

Beginner
Gabriel

update: I found the update manager (I think - In German it is Aktualisierungsverwaltung). But even manual check does not show any firefox activity. I have added backports to the properties . but nothing happens (except some minro game updates).
could it be, that firefox is just not "on the list" as installed app on my computer?