PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Chromium url triple click

jonnny_j22
May 2nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if there was a way to change the select all option of the address bar from triple click to single click in chromium/chrome like you can in firefox?

I understand that most people seem to prefer ctrl+L, but I use windows about 40% of the time at work and single click is a habit I'd quite like not to have to worry about?

Thanks in advance for your help!

kamitsukai
July 6th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I'm also wondering this, it's incredibly irritating

LtPitt
September 26th, 2010, 11:54 AM
There must be something about the average linux developer and the single click...
Maybe they hate each other :)

Looks like the thing is really nasty:

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=26140

100 comments about a very stupid philosophic question: "Should it be linux like or not?".

What about letting the user decide if single or triple click in the options like firefox do?
Just my 2 cents.

jetpeach
October 25th, 2010, 07:08 PM
they closed that previous bug and said they won't fix it, because its a feature not a bug. but who wants to TRIPLE click in order to select and type in a new address in the address bar? completely ridiculous, IMO. it at least needs to be configurable.
Please, if you care about this at all, vote for this bug here, since the other is closed (to vote, on the bottom above the comment line there is a start to select which text describing how this will count as your vote).
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=26160

T-Keith
October 27th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Please guys, if we keep pushing it maybe we will see the light. Unfortunately some are too stubborn to listen to reason. This is a constant pain every day for me.

knoxvillejeff
April 26th, 2012, 03:08 AM
This is a huge annoyance - to the point I'm considering going back to Firefox. Triple-clicking = carpal tunnel problems. Yeah, I know all the shortcuts - Ctrl-L, Alt-D, F6, etc, but single-clicking is just dead simple and accomplishes what I want to do 99.9999% of the time. It should be an option so that *everyone* can be happy.