PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wubi Install Error Windows 7 32 bit

Nicolice
May 2nd, 2010, 08:07 AM
Hello...after the new release of 10.04, I decided to give it a try, after using 9.10 on my other computer.

But the installer seems quite different than the previous 9.10, or before, where the option for "Use free space" isn't available anymore when I run the installer via boot from CD.

Afterward, I tried to use the Wubi installer, and everything went fine until there's error about bcdedit.exe, exactly like this person @ this post

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9035050&postcount=2

I've followed all the steps necessary from the other threads, but nothing works...and why there's no more "use free space" option available from the menu like the previous version? I don't want to remove my Windows just to install ubuntu, or this was a bug or intended to?

Also, when I choose manually configure the drive, I won't able to use the free space, as it mentioned "not usable"..even I've reformatted the drive to FAT32/NTFS or even delete the whole partition volume...

Any helps? Thanks...I guess I'll stick with 9.10 atm until these issues are resolved...

Nicolice
May 2nd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Finally found my problem after checking all the partition...all the disk stated as "Dynamic", that's why ubuntu unable to utilizes the free spaces :(

Don't know how the hell my disks were converted to dynamic...now I've to backup all my data and convert it back to basic :( ...

cariboo
May 3rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
Closed by request.