View Full Version : [ubuntu] To upgrade or not?

May 2nd, 2010, 04:19 AM
I am sitting here considering whether to upgrade from 8.04 LTS to 10.04 LTS. I am currently running 8.04 on a dell inspiron 1525n which came from the factory as it currently is. The only thing that I would lose that cannot be retrieved would be the linwin dvd software that came installed. Any thoughts would be appreciated.:confused:

May 2nd, 2010, 04:39 AM
i give u an :idea:

alt + f2 then
update-manager -denjoy!

May 2nd, 2010, 08:02 AM
I typically wait a month or so; lots of new bugs will be discovered over the next few days. I find it best to wait a bit for things to settle down first.

May 2nd, 2010, 08:18 AM
I would suggest making a complete backup of your install, either with something like CloneZilla (http://www.clonezilla.org/) or Tar (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupYourSystem/TAR).

Then, whatever you do, you can just reinstall your Hardy system if everything goes south.

May 16th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Went ahead and did a clean install and things went pretty good. Had no major problems and everything working as well as expected. Thanks for you posts,